stealth fighters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stealth fighters

I would really like to know the use of stealth fighters in C3C. I can't find any! (Except recon)

Stealth fighters are cheap stealth bombers with a higher defense. Use them instead of stealth bombers when your enemy has lots of air defense.

What I don't get is why they have an attack factor (new in C3C) if they can't perform air superiority missions...

Comment

With the new ability in C3C that causes attacks to be resolved agains Air and Sea units in a city prior to attacking Ground units, Stealth fighters are useful for taking these out/down prior to putting in the Bombers (either flavour) to take out/down the ground units which hopefully have been reduced by artillery bombardment beforehand.

As Bombers have the fatal bombard capability it's a bit of a waste to have these take out a jet fighter, or a transport when there's Mech infantry still in situ.

Still expensive though, but by this stage of the game your military is usually at overkill strength anyway so a few of these are probably within your budget. I tend to build them at Cities without an Airport (regular/veteran in much less important for fighters, or so it would appear).

Still cannot understand why a fighter cannot perform A/S missions though.

[edit for typos]
      Remember my son, you've got to get your retaliation in first!

I always carry a bottle of alcohol in case I should see a snake....which I also carry!

Comment

RL stealth fighters are pretty much useless in dogfights. I guess that A/S missions is something they were never made for in the first place. (in broad daylight you could down a f-117 with a handful of spitfires )
        Don't eat the yellow snow.

Comment

I've already gone back to one of my PTW mods for C3C and disabled being able to base bombers and stealth bombers on carriers. So stealth fighters are the way to be able to launch stealth airstrikes from carriers.
          Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

Originally posted by CerberusIV
            I've already gone back to one of my PTW mods for C3C and disabled being able to base bombers and stealth bombers on carriers. So stealth fighters are the way to be able to launch stealth airstrikes from carriers.
            I'm interesting in this. Could you tell me how to do it?

Comment

Make the Bomber and Stealth Bomber carry one unit, but also flag it with "carries only air" and "carries only foot".

Comment

Originally posted by Risa

I'm interesting in this. Could you tell me how to do it?
                I've been trying to do that for almost a year too! Please tell!
                A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

Originally posted by skywalker
                  Make the Bomber and Stealth Bomber carry one unit, but also flag it with "carries only air" and "carries only foot".

I feel like i've found the holy grail!
                  A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

Actually I flag mine as tactical missile transport and carry only foot units after giving a transport capacity of one unit. Same thing really.
                    Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

The only time I've ever built Stealth Fighters is if I wasn't paying attention to what my governor decided to build next. Hopefully, I catch that in time and change it.

I still haven't found a use for them.
                      "...Every Right implies a certain Responsibility; Every Opportunity, an Obligation; Every Possession, a Duty." --J.D. Rockerfeller, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                      X