Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Theseus
    replied
    Vacation my *ss... 6 days at two conferences in a row... I am exhausted (and trying to remember what the heck is going on in the various games!!).

Leave a comment:

• Rhothaerill
    replied
    Thanks Theseus. Welcome back from your vacation. Just in time for me to take one.

Leave a comment:

• Theseus
    replied
    Tremendous job and write-up, Rhothy!! I have NEVER achieved a dom victory that early.

Well done!

Leave a comment:

• vmxa1
    replied
    I finished it. I see you did a good job on keeping them in line. No one had even 700 points.

Leave a comment:

• vmxa1
    replied
    Roth, I have everyday off and still would not manage it.

Leave a comment:

• Rhothaerill
    replied
    Originally posted by Master Zen
    I don't have the patience for writing AARs of this magnitude so my hat's off to Rhoth for a WONDERDFUL job. Try an epic.
    I was sick on Thursday and stayed home from work, so I had the entire day to finish the game up and write this up.

Leave a comment:

• Harovan
    replied
    Looks like a great game, indeed.

Leave a comment:

• Master Zen
    replied
    I don't have the patience for writing AARs of this magnitude so my hat's off to Rhoth for a WONDERDFUL job. Try an epic.

Leave a comment:

• vmxa1
    replied
    I have read through part 6 so far. I like the style you used for the AAR.

Ok I am editing this to update my book marker. Part 9 finished.
    Finished 18, one more pass should do it.

Leave a comment:

• Konquest02
    replied
    Originally posted by vmxa1
    I will have to read this soon as it looks like another heroic effort.
    It is...!

Great Job Rhoth. Unless someone comes up with a better AAR, you are sure gonna get my vote for the Shakespeare Award!

BTW, if people are interested in playing that game, you can find the MZO Boot Camp here. It's a monthly game based mostly on learning that hands out awards for best palyed games, best AAR, best defeat strongest economy and a bunch of other stuff....

Come take a look!

--Kon--

Leave a comment:

• vmxa1
    replied
    I will have to read this soon as it looks like another heroic effort.

Leave a comment:

• Solomwi
    replied
    I love it. Damn fine stuff, Rhothy. Nothing beats that ultra-early autoraze of what would otherwise be a powerhouse city.

Leave a comment:

• Rhothaerill
    replied
    MZO Boot Camp V – Part 23

And last but not least, the save on the turn before my victory. Just press enter and let it go through a few build queues before the last city radius expands.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Rhothaerill
    replied
    MZO Boot Camp V – Part 22

And a look back at my forces the turn before victory. As you can see I never really built more defenders. This was a completely offensive game. Throughout the game I did whatever I could to set up favorable matchups with my attackers taking out their attackers first. The only place it didn’t really work was when I was taking the two cities in China, and that was mainly because they had a horde of units to throw at me. If they hadn’t thrown all those units at me at the same time (and I didn’t suffer some bad RNG such as a simple archer taking my cavalry down to one hp before it retreated) then the Chinese offensive would have been much smoother and I wouldn’t have had to give them peace so quickly. If you take a look at my Immortals and remember one of my earlier military advisor posts, you’ll see that I only lost 17 Immortals from the time I started my war on Carthage. I never built another Immortal, but they were verrrry useful throughout. Not only were they great when I was defending China’s treacherous attack right before my CavalRumble™ came online, using them to take Bursa and freeing up my cavalry to take out two of the remaining Ottoman cities and get close to the last saved me a few turns of play.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Rhothaerill
    replied
    MZO Boot Camp V – Part 21

The score at the end…5442. The power graph looks much the same as the score graph.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Working...
X