• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrian
    replied
    I think I can answer that:

PP = "Perfect Peacenick"
    PUP = "Pragmatic Ultimate Power" (which, IMO, is sort of an oxymoron. MS does quite well playing the way he does, but the whole point of Ultimate Power is, well, to have Ultimate power - shooting for the moon. Not pragmatism. But that's just semantics).

Given that CoD is playing as the English, and the game itself was set up to be lighthearted, I think we can safely say that we're playing pretty peacefully. I can't speak for the other teams, of course.

-Arrian

Leave a comment:

• FrustratedPoet
    replied
    What do PP and PUP mean?

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Sage
    replied
    Ah well,

You convinced me to give it a try...

Why don't you discuss between your teams who would like to have me? (and take me by the hand the first time to explain what to do and what not to do).
    I'll try to adapt.
    Of course, my preferences are, in listed order:
    1. A PP team.
    2. A PUP team.
    3. A warmonger team, but only after having launched the spaceship (just to conquer the galaxy, that is).
    4. A 'UN team', fighting only for preserving its empire and style of life.
    5. A very light warmonger team, doing occasionnally short 'police patrols'.
    6. Any other warmonger team, but beware of my heretical views.

Leave a comment:

• Ecthy
    replied
    the zoo?

Leave a comment:

• Beta
    replied
    Originally posted by Mountain Sage
    Arrian,
    I understand it is a PBEM game, therefore, before I committ myself, I'd like to know how you play it exactly, turn-wise and time-wise?

I might face two problems:
    1. Interenet connections in Switzerland are (still) expensive. I can get a 24/h 7/7 package for a lump sum, but since it's much more expensive, i'd like to know if it's worth it.
    2. For family, professional and time-lag reasons, I cannot get a save, play a round, send it to everybody, wait for their play etc. (if it'played this way).

Oh Dark Master, I beg you to enlighten me.
    I'll second what FP said. Don't worry about having to be there to play each turn etc. What most teams need are ideas and input, discussion and debate. MS, you would be a great addition to any team.

Team Monkey in the PTWDGII would welcome you, as would Vox Controli in the PTWDG. Although I have to warn you regarding the latter - we are in a re-building mode.

Leave a comment:

• Beta
    replied
    Ecthelion - try Team Monkey. Konquest02, Hot_Enamel, myself and our Simian friends. Join the zoo.

Actually, the Carthaginians.

Leave a comment:

• Ecthy
    replied
    I think I'd rather find another team :/

Leave a comment:

• vulture
    replied
    Each team has one (or more, depending on how the team is organised) designated player. That player receives the save from another team, plays it and sends it on to the next team. I'm in both games, but can't get involved in the actual playing of the game. But there is plenty of discussion about what to do with the turn, developing plans, getting involved in diplomacy. One of the strong features of PTWDGs is the fact that even players who have very little time to get involved and can't play the turns themselves can still make useful contributions to the team. All my involvement is done in brief moments at work when I have time to read the private forum, see what is going on, and possibly make some comments or add some ideas.

So I'd say if you're at all interested, join a team. The worst that can happen is that you occasionally read the forum and never post anything.

Leave a comment:

• FrustratedPoet
    replied
    Oh and don't worry if you can't contribute a lot, as long as you're willing to contribute something and are able to check the forum and make a few posts a couple of times a week then most teams will be very happy.

Leave a comment:

• FrustratedPoet
    replied
    Everything you ever wanted to know about Democracy Games: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=81684

That's the FAQ for the singleplayer democracy game, but many of the same principles apply. You don't have to be able to actually physically the play the game in order to join a team (but it wouldn't hurt). All it requires is that you log onto Apolyton and post your opinions and suggestions in the team's forum based on reports and screenshots that others have posted.

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Sage
    replied
    Arrian,
    I understand it is a PBEM game, therefore, before I committ myself, I'd like to know how you play it exactly, turn-wise and time-wise?

I might face two problems:
    1. Interenet connections in Switzerland are (still) expensive. I can get a 24/h 7/7 package for a lump sum, but since it's much more expensive, i'd like to know if it's worth it.
    2. For family, professional and time-lag reasons, I cannot get a save, play a round, send it to everybody, wait for their play etc. (if it'played this way).

Oh Dark Master, I beg you to enlighten me.

Leave a comment:

• FrustratedPoet
    replied
    Ecthy:

In the second one, my team ("Cake or Death?") is in need of more members. CoD is, like all of the PTW DemoII teams, based loosely on a theme. Ours is the comedy of Eddie Izzard, an English comedian/actor.

If you've heard of and like the comedian in question then yes, otherwise you'd probably be better off finding another team. There are several others with different themes that you might find appealing.
    Starting a thread in this forum would be the best way for you to find a team I think: http://apolyton.net/forums/forumdisp...s=&forumid=199

Leave a comment:

• Ecthy
    replied
    Sorry, didn't know. Can I join?

Leave a comment:

• FrustratedPoet
    replied
    /me is already the brave and fearless leader of the team that Arrian is on.

Leave a comment:

• Ecthy
    replied
    Do you want to join, FP?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X