Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mountain Sage
    Arrian,
    I understand it is a PBEM game, therefore, before I committ myself, I'd like to know how you play it exactly, turn-wise and time-wise?

I might face two problems:
    1. Interenet connections in Switzerland are (still) expensive. I can get a 24/h 7/7 package for a lump sum, but since it's much more expensive, i'd like to know if it's worth it.
    2. For family, professional and time-lag reasons, I cannot get a save, play a round, send it to everybody, wait for their play etc. (if it'played this way).

Oh Dark Master, I beg you to enlighten me.
    I'll second what FP said. Don't worry about having to be there to play each turn etc. What most teams need are ideas and input, discussion and debate. MS, you would be a great addition to any team.

Team Monkey in the PTWDGII would welcome you, as would Vox Controli in the PTWDG. Although I have to warn you regarding the latter - we are in a re-building mode.
    Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

the zoo?

Comment

Ah well,

You convinced me to give it a try...

Why don't you discuss between your teams who would like to have me? (and take me by the hand the first time to explain what to do and what not to do).
        I'll try to adapt.
        Of course, my preferences are, in listed order:
        1. A PP team.
        2. A PUP team.
        3. A warmonger team, but only after having launched the spaceship (just to conquer the galaxy, that is).
        4. A 'UN team', fighting only for preserving its empire and style of life.
        5. A very light warmonger team, doing occasionnally short 'police patrols'.
        6. Any other warmonger team, but beware of my heretical views.
        The Mountain Sage of the Swiss Alps

Comment

What do PP and PUP mean?
          If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

I think I can answer that:

PP = "Perfect Peacenick"
            PUP = "Pragmatic Ultimate Power" (which, IMO, is sort of an oxymoron. MS does quite well playing the way he does, but the whole point of Ultimate Power is, well, to have Ultimate power - shooting for the moon. Not pragmatism. But that's just semantics).

Given that CoD is playing as the English, and the game itself was set up to be lighthearted, I think we can safely say that we're playing pretty peacefully. I can't speak for the other teams, of course.

-Arrian
            grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Thanks.

I would imagine that Team Sunshine are the perfect example of a PP team, no? Perhaps Mountain Sage would be happiest playing with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthelion
                I think I'd rather find another team :/
                I`m sure you`ve already heard of a monkey....?

--Kon--
                Get your science News at Konquest Online!

Comment

FP is right, of course, SunShine is the PP team.

BUT I'M TRYING TO RECRUIT FOR US!!!

Our problem may be the relative obscurity of Eddie.

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

You may have a point there, but we've got no shortage of people signed up to the team. A lack of motivated members is our problem more than a lack of people who like Eddie's comedy.

Comment

The hot stud lady-killers of Team Latin Lover is open for recruits too. However, our forum is in spanish and we have a pretty active forum so you guys are best with other teams I guess. However, the invitation is always open.
                      A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
                        I think I can answer that:

PP = "Perfect Peacenick"
                        PUP = "Pragmatic Ultimate Power" (which, IMO, is sort of an oxymoron. MS does quite well playing the way he does, but the whole point of Ultimate Power is, well, to have Ultimate power - shooting for the moon. Not pragmatism. But that's just semantics).

-Arrian

It's not just semantics. Please read your classics again:

And let me know which team still wants me in
                        The Mountain Sage of the Swiss Alps

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Sage
                          And let me know which team still wants me in
                          Legoland does Oops, we are in the PtWDG I not II. Am I still alowed to advertise us here?

As you can see from our theme, we are the builders' team. You can call us a PP team, but in this case it would mean "Pragmatic Peacenick"

We are going to win with a spaceship launch
                          "The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
                          --George Bernard Shaw
                          A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
                          --Woody Allen

Comment

I wonder, Tiberius, if that game will end with the "barbarian" nations of Bob and Stormia desperately trying to invade Legoland to stop the launch. Now that would be funny.

-Arrian

Comment

It would, indeed.
                              "The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
                              --George Bernard Shaw
                              A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
                              --Woody Allen

Comment

MS - Team Monkey in the PTWDG2 would welcome you on our team. You would have H_E, Kon, and myself to guide you - but trust me - it ain't difficult.

The toughest thing will be choosing a simian species for yourself.

And Vox Controli in the PTWDG would welcome you as well, but as I stated earlier, we are more or less spectators at this point during our re-building phase. The cost of a lost war.
                                Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Working...
                                X