• Donegeal
    replied
    Yeah... just got home and saw that....

Bummer...

Leave a comment:

• Panag
    replied
    Originally posted by donegeal
    Ok, I don't think I have seen this mentioned, but I have a small comment on the "no-map-trading" issue. Sure, maps won't be able to be traded until Nav, but how about stolen? From the moment you can establish an embassy, you have the ability to steal another civs world map.

hi ,

give it a try , .........

stealing maps becomes available with " espionage " , .....

have a nice day

Leave a comment:

• Yahweh Sabaoth
    replied
    I've never stolen maps that I can trade for. But if I could steal maps after writing, I'd be tempted to.

So in other words, I hope they leave that as is. It would make sense: a diplomat has access to the crude maps of the empire, or at least, very thorough information.

Leave a comment:

• Donegeal
    replied
    Have you ever even tried it after you develope writting? I haven't, but I will try when I get home....

Donegeal mumbles something quietly under his breath about forced overtime....

Leave a comment:

• Cort Haus
    replied
    donegeal, I'd be surprised if they're stealable early when they're not tradable.

Leave a comment:

• Donegeal
    replied
    Ok, I don't think I have seen this mentioned, but I have a small comment on the "no-map-trading" issue. Sure, maps won't be able to be traded until Nav, but how about stolen? From the moment you can establish an embassy, you have the ability to steal another civs world map.

Leave a comment:

• Panag
    replied
    Originally posted by Yahweh Sabaoth

I guess so. I've gotten better at it. But still, I often start games in primo conditions only to find that the Arabs, Zulus and Mongols are building the Great Wall, Great Library and Great Everythingelse by the time I discover mapmaking. It drives me crazy. So, I'm looking forward to these changes, although I'm not sure if they should be coined "revolutionary" or just "important".

Also looking forward to less expanionists.

hi ,

, make it so that only civ X can build wonder Y , ......

have a nice day

Leave a comment:

• Panag
    replied
    Originally posted by TheArsenal

This may be the single unit I've never built.

hi ,

use it for pillaging

or mod it and give it a one attack point , great for going after wounded units or barbs then , ......

have a nice day

Leave a comment:

• Yahweh Sabaoth
    replied
    Originally posted by Rhothaerill
    It's aggravating, but it's also part of the difficulty level. Part of the fun is figuring out a way to promote your own trading and ways of winning.
    I guess so. I've gotten better at it. But still, I often start games in primo conditions only to find that the Arabs, Zulus and Mongols are building the Great Wall, Great Library and Great Everythingelse by the time I discover mapmaking. It drives me crazy. So, I'm looking forward to these changes, although I'm not sure if they should be coined "revolutionary" or just "important".

Also looking forward to less expanionists.

Leave a comment:

• TheArsenal
    replied
    and it might even give some sence to the explorer
    This may be the single unit I've never built.

Leave a comment:

• Rhothaerill
    replied
    It's aggravating, but it's also part of the difficulty level. Part of the fun is figuring out a way to promote your own trading and ways of winning.

Leave a comment:

• Yahweh Sabaoth
    replied
    Am I the only player who finds the computer's ability to out-trade the human in the ancient era more aggravating than beneficial to the player? I feel so ashamed...

Leave a comment:

• Arrian
    replied
    Explorers do have a use: pillaging. I use them to cut resources.

-Arrian

Leave a comment:

• sabrewolf
    replied
    except if _both_ civs would need to have navigation ... but i doubt that...

btw: i didn't mean it too serious. havn't found much sence in the explorer except if resource grabbing and pillaging...

Leave a comment:

• dexters
    replied
    Re: Revolutionary Strategy Implications of C3C

Originally posted by Cort Haus
    Apparantly Conquests includes this earth-shaking modification:

Tweaked Diplomacy
    - Communication trading now comes with Printing Press
    - Map trading now comes with Navigation

That changes everything. The ancient era will no longer be over in the BC period, which will in turn change the shape of the following era. It also makes the expansionist trait into a long-term cartographic monopoly.
    I say thank you.

It limits the human exploiter's ability to rob the AI blind.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X