X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vmxa1
    replied
    Originally posted by fanes7
    Saw your reply , but I still don't know if I reloaded.

I save and load as you everyone do , I play and battle as you everyone do too . The one and only difference is I play as a deity but you play as monarch or emperor , and another , I gain much more achievement than yours.

In the everygame we can see the cheater , such as in Age of Empire or Heroes 3or4(Magic&Might ) . If you are a cheater , the game will give you a rank of "cheater", even your rank level is as high as far more 3000 . Not one can sentence someone else a cheater just because he built more wonder than him.

If the game don't want player save and load frequently , the game designer can limited the game only can be saved in some fixed time point . For example , you can only save your file at 3000BC , 1750BC, 1200BC and so on, or just as Diablo , you save & quit . If the game have not such rule like this , everyone can save and load at anytime he want.

BtW, I played CIV and all other games for a long time , I am more familiar about many games and many games' rule than you , I am more authoritative than you to judge a man a cheater.

If really there is a jury to judge my skill and save-file , I would be very pleasure to attend. And before this , if you want to advance your game skill , please trust me.
    Well I enjoyed your diatribe, but it is full crap. I am sure I am a better MM player than you and maybe anyone. I know MM6/7/8 inside out and the same for Homm2/3/4, not to mention Moo1/II. If you reload, you are not playing the same as me. You are not achieving anything, but are just willing to spent lots of time to get the results you want. That is not what I would call skill, merely dedication.
    You are also wrong about the games labeling you a cheater, if you reload or use an editor, it will not know.
    Homm will call you a cheater if you use cheat codes, same as AoW another game I played a lot. Consider I have all day to play and always have the best machine, it is not likely you are more familar with those games than I am, but if your ae so what. I have refrained from calling you a cheater and was willing to give you respect. I now with draw that respect. I do that because you said you do not know if you reload, please, that will not fly. You have known since the get go that it would not be well recieved and you tried to hide it. Then you tried to make it personal, by thumping your chest.
    It is not important to me if you are the best player in the world, but I cannot learn anything from someone that thinks it is fine to reload copiously. That is boring.
    I told you from the start that I had no respect for solo players in MM8 that will reload 50 to 100 times to get a scroll, as that was the only way they could get the job done.
    I agree with Master Zen that you are entitled to reload, but your are not entitled to crow about achievements after doing it.
    My first thumbs down after about 6000 post.

Leave a comment:

• Tassadar500
    replied
    Master Zen well said

Fanes we are not jealous of you. To criticize us and to say what you said personally insults me. I know many people who could destroy in a civ match. How do you know I don't play Deity? We have asked you at least 5 times but you never responded. Then finally you admit that you cheated.

Leave a comment:

• Master Zen
    replied
    fanes7,

I'm sorry but saying that saving and loading is NOT cheating is utterly wrong. Again, I am not one to tell you how to play your game, but you can't come here, boast about some amazing achievement or strategy, and not mention that it was done by doing something that is simply unacceptable to most players and doesn't reflect any great feat or skill on your part other than you have much more patience for re-playing every move than we do.

Saving and reloading just to produce better results is an unacceptable method of play in serious competitions. If it weren't, then all of us here could be beating Deity with our eyes closed. Where is the challenge in robbing the game of it's luck? Luck can be good and luck can be bad, the RNG works both ways. However, by saving and reloading you are eliminating all the bad luck for yourself.

Consequently, how can that be considered fair? It is not. It is cheating to do that in any competition game and any PBEM.

I save and load as you everyone do
    Sorry mate, we don't.

Leave a comment:

• fanes7
    replied
    Saw your reply , but I still don't know if I reloaded.

I save and load as you everyone do , I play and battle as you everyone do too . The one and only difference is I play as a deity but you play as monarch or emperor , and another , I gain much more achievement than yours.

In the everygame we can see the cheater , such as in Age of Empire or Heroes 3or4(Magic&Might ) . If you are a cheater , the game will give you a rank of "cheater", even your rank level is as high as far more 3000 . Not one can sentence someone else a cheater just because he built more wonder than him.

If the game don't want player save and load frequently , the game designer can limited the game only can be saved in some fixed time point . For example , you can only save your file at 3000BC , 1750BC, 1200BC and so on, or just as Diablo , you save & quit . If the game have not such rule like this , everyone can save and load at anytime he want.

BtW, I played CIV and all other games for a long time , I am more familiar about many games and many games' rule than you , I am more authoritative than you to judge a man a cheater.

If really there is a jury to judge my skill and save-file , I would be very pleasure to attend. And before this , if you want to advance your game skill , please trust me.

Leave a comment:

• vmxa1
    replied
    One more page give me a answer what is reloading ?
    Using the load to play a turn or an action again. This could be done even if you won the battle, if you did not get a promotion. It could be done to alter the goody hut results and other things. It is hard to do if you have retained the RNG, but not impossible.
    So we were wondering if that is the method you used to ensure the generation of leaders in a timely fashion?
    We are asking becasue we are unable to fathom any legit method for accomplishing it. Of course that does not mean there is none, but given that none was presented, what can one do?

Leave a comment:

• Konquest02
    replied
    Reloading is playing the same combat repeatitively until you get good results. It's considered as cheating. So basically, you save before each battle and load if you lost. Definetly not a good thing to do!

Leave a comment:

• fanes7
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Arrian
    replied

I guess my last post came out all wrong, didn't it?

Sorry. I didn't mean it that way.

-Arrian

Leave a comment:

• Dominae
    replied
    Originally posted by Arrian
    Which is the reason I don't bother to count once blitz units come around. Panzers & MA are just ridiculously good at leader generation.
    Oh, I'm SORRY! for even mentioning it then!!

Dominae

Leave a comment:

• Arrian
    replied
    Which is the reason I don't bother to count once blitz units come around. Panzers & MA are just ridiculously good at leader generation.

-Arrian

Leave a comment:

• Dominae
    replied
    Not sure of the exact number, but the most Leaders I ever got was playing the "Communism" AU as Germany. Panzers are aptly defined as Leader-generating machines. I think I got 3 or 4 in a single turn toward the end of that game.

Dominae

Leave a comment:

• Arrian
    replied
    My record, as far as I can remember, with pre-blitz units (no tanks/modern armor), is 14 leaders.

Standard, Continents, 8 civs, Monarch, played as Carthage.

That game was simply insane. I got some of the best luck I've ever seen. However, the last 5-6 were generated by Cavalry late in the game, when it no longer mattered.

EDIT: I should remember that game... it was posted in THIS THREAD, back on page 2, I think.

-Arrian

Leave a comment:

• Master Zen
    replied
    wow, with some similar settings!

mine was huge/Continents/16 civs/Emperor/UN Victory

I wasn't practiced on leader farming techniques back then like I am now. So you can say those 11 were pure luck and not provoked. I have never gotten that many, mostly beacause I still don't really do leader farming unless absolutely necessary and play on standard maps.

Btw, I played Civ3 1.29, it was much easier to get them before PTW.

Leave a comment:

• Donegeal
    replied
    11 GL is my record also MZ. Ironicly, it was playing as the French as well.... (huge/Pangea/16 Civs/Regent/Domination victory)

Leave a comment:

• Master Zen
    replied
    one more page and still no straight answer about the reloading...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X