Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You need to update this with Contest 17.
    Read Blessed be the Peacemakers | Read Political Freedom | Read Pax Germania: A Story of Redemption | Read Unrelated Matters | Read Stains of Blood and Ash | Read Ripper: A Glimpse into the Life of Gen. Jack Sterling | Read Deutschland Erwachte! | Read The Best Friend | Read A Mothers Day Poem | Read Deliver us From Evil | Read The Promised Land

Comment

Hello, everybody,

I am sorry it took a while to update the history - I have had quite a hard time find the few minutes to even turn on the computer at home. Now, the results of the latest contest are in place, and I will take care of the upcoming Best of the Best contest shortly.

EDIT: Done. Please cast your vote for the very best story of contests 14 through 17 here:

Best of the Best: Contests 14-17
      Last edited by vovan; July 20, 2003, 20:26.
      XBox Live: VovanSim
      xbox.com (login required)
      Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
      Spore page

Comment

Thanks for updating, Vovansim!
        -->Visit CGN!
        -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Cheers vovan
          A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

Updated the history by putting in the results of the Best of the Best for 14-17, as well as the latest contest, #18.

Quite frankly I am slightly disappointed with the "voter turn-out" (that sounds like something from a bad political TV show )... We need more people writing and voting in here. If the forum remains inactive, I will have to write something!

(Hehe, hope that isn't too bad of a threat. )
            Spore page

Comment

And of course, every time I update the history, I give a wacky fact. Well here is the one for today:

Wacky fact: The finals for the latest contest, #18, saw the second lowest voter turnout in history: only nine votes. The lowest number of votes ever was registered for Contest 9. It is true, however, that the winner of this contest had the lowest number of votes in any contest, with only four supporters. The second lowest, 5 votes for the winner, is shared among a lot of other contests.
              Spore page

Comment

Thank you for the updating. The turnout woudl probalby be better if we coudl get the news updates... sadly we cannot as the adminstration is too busy
                -->Visit CGN!
                -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Well, I compiled a little graph of the voter turnout over the course of the contests, and it seems it doesn't really depend much on anything but the time of year.
                  Spore page

Comment

This is the number of votes by contest number:
                    Attached Files
                    Spore page

Comment

This is the number of votes by contest dates. Disregard the little odd bump around April 2003 - there were two contest held on April 2, and the graph doesn't seem to smooth the curve correctly because of it.
                      Attached Files
                      Spore page

Comment

Thanks Vovan, you have really worked hard on this thread.
                        Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                        I am of the Horde.

Comment

Updated the history.

Congrats to the winner, and thanks to Paddy for his efforts in promoting the contest, and everyone that put a link in their sig, as well as to all those who have actually dropped by for a good read and a vote. This contest saw 23 voters, which was a 150% increase over the previous contest and was, in fact, one of the highest voter turnouts ever. Before this contest, there was only Contest 4 (May 17, 2002), which had 24 voters, and Contest 16 (April 2, 2003), which had 23 voters.

Agains, thanks all!
                          Spore page

Comment

Good work vovan
                            -->Visit CGN!

Comment

Updated the history according to the latest contest developments.
                              Spore page

Comment

thanks vovan

It's nearing time for another best of the best...
                                -->Visit CGN!

Comment

Working...
                                X