No announcement yet.

Roleplay Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I usually play persia as well, as it has the best combo of overall traits. However, I like to mix things up every now and then......... so any will do, except korean, their UU I tried out last night and they suck.
    If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

joining upw/ the roleplay team

I would like to join this team since the realpolitik team is no more.

[roleplay]
      I would like to join this team since the realpolitik team is no more.
      [roleplay]

I'm a natural
      "The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise with the occasion. As our case is new, so we must think anew and act anew. We must disenthrall ourselves, and then we shall save our country." -- Abraham Lincoln

"Generations to come will scarce believe that such a one as this ever, in flesh and blood, walked upon this earth." -- Albert Einstein, in regards to Mohandis Gandhi

Comment

Someone who has the game, maybe they can list the new civs, and their traits and UU (and what UU replaces).

That way those of us without the game, yet, can better analyze which new civ to use.

I agree with Togas completely, in that we should take a new civ and forget the old ones.
        Note: the Law Offices of jdjdjd are temporarily closed.
        "Next time I say something like 'lets go to Bolivia', lets go to Bolivia"

Comment

Originally posted by jdjdjd
          Someone who has the game, maybe they can list the new civs, and their traits and UU (and what UU replaces).
          That way those of us without the game, yet, can better analyze which new civ to use.
          I'm not at home right now to look at the stats or I would... however, if someone else gets to it first, could you please list the cost of those units too.
          "The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise with the occasion. As our case is new, so we must think anew and act anew. We must disenthrall ourselves, and then we shall save our country." -- Abraham Lincoln

"Generations to come will scarce believe that such a one as this ever, in flesh and blood, walked upon this earth." -- Albert Einstein, in regards to Mohandis Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by Arnelos
            Togas = Carthage, Celts, Spain (in that order)
            Toss in Ottomans, too. I'd be happy with Carthage, Celts, Spain, and Ottomans in ANY order.

I don't know how much the new UUs cost, as I don't have the game, but I know this much about the 4 new civs that are my tentative favorites:

Spanish, Conquistador (3/2/2) replaces Explorers, Religious & Commercial

No industrious trait but a decent pairing. Their Conquistadors treat all squares as roads, which makes them deadly useful as sabatage units and for deep strikes into undefended enemy cities and resources. Could be a well-timed GA, but we'd have to survive through the dark ages first.

Celts, Gallic Swordsman (3/2/2) replaces Swordsman, Religious & Militaristic

I adore this UU and the Religious trait helps. Could be a fun Civ to Roleplay.

Carthaginians, Numidian Mercenary (2/3/1) replaces Spearman, Commercial & Industrious

I'm leaning towards these guys as their UU would protect us in the early stages of the game and their traits are both strong. I'd be worried about our GA coming too soon or not at all, but if we got a strong start this Civ could remain dominant throughout the game.

Ottomans, Sipahi (8/3/3) replaces Cavalry, Industrious & Scientific

Another good pairing of traits with a good UU that gives us a GA at the right time. Trip's team wants to play this Civ so if we want to claim them too, we'd better step up and say so.

--Togas
            Greatest Moments in ISDG chat:"(12/02/2003) <notyoueither> the moon is blue. hell is cold. quote me, but i agree with ET. "
            Member of the Mercenary Team in the Civ 4 Team Democracy Game.
            Former Consul for the Apolyton C3C Intersite Tournament Team.
            Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.

Comment

As I think we may be looking at early war, I would favor teh persians over the ottimans. Imortals rock in the ancient era, and if we are on deity, we need all the help we can get the sooner the better IMO. We might not make it to the later stages if we are unlucky in the early game, particularly with all the war mongers we have against us.

Celts might be a good alternative with there fast movement to keep them alive against other units... the ability to retreat can be awsome. Also, being militeristic, we have a better chance of getting those GL's!!!!

Anybody but the Koreans... I played with them last night, and there UU is a cannon replacement, bombard of 12 instead of 8 IIRC. And they can kill units. But you try to send out 6 of them, and bobmard a unit for 10 turns, and on the 10th let that unit creat a GL for the mongols, who sent in their reserve and captured my UU's, and then I just got so fustrated I shut it down. Never actually killed anything, so I never got the golden age. Pain. Real pain.
              If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

I'm interested in joining, if you decide to be Persian. However, if a team wanted to be Iroquis, that would be my first choice.

Comment

Originally posted by realpolitic
                  I'm interested in joining, if you decide to be Persian. However, if a team wanted to be Iroquis, that would be my first choice.
                  Are you saying that you will join only if we choose one of these two civs?

Just to be clear, I'd like to see us pick a new Civ to play and I think that when all the dust clears that's what we'll end up with.

--Togas
                  Greatest Moments in ISDG chat:"(12/02/2003) <notyoueither> the moon is blue. hell is cold. quote me, but i agree with ET. "
                  Member of the Mercenary Team in the Civ 4 Team Democracy Game.
                  Former Consul for the Apolyton C3C Intersite Tournament Team.
                  Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.

Comment

I don't yet know all the PTW civs and attributes (I will look them up now), but from what I have seen of the new Civs, Spain and the Celts are my pick.

We aren't necessarily going to have to duke it out massively in the early goings, and if we have a UU like the Swordsmen, then our opponents may be less likely to blatantly attack us with that strength available. Remember, if a civ has a later age UU, they want to above all else survive until when they can use it. The Swordsmen are also not so early that they give us a "useless" GA so early in the game - although a Cavalry replacement seems ideal for a GA, we need to survive that far.

It's disappointing that the Conquistador replaces the Explorer - that's quite a way down the tech tree. We might have to beeline somewhat for them. But think of the roleplay! Spain owes its Golden Age (in RL!) to the American conquests, and we would have plenty of mustachioed Explorers in our midst relating tales of how they were educating the local heathens in the glory of Christianity.
                    Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

I just got PtW about 4 hours ago! Yeehaw!

Since this is the RP team, I'm just going to assume the [roleplay] tag is permanently on. I hope more people follow my shock of the blinding obvious.

I tried the Ottos and so far theyre ok, I switched enemy civs from random to all new so I get a taste of how good they kick butt, I aint done with that game and about to hit the sack so I'll report what Civ totally kicked butt when it's done if it helps us decide the team's civ. SP, of course.

(My net connection is as good as a horse who can only run in a dry track and it just rained 6 inches and the track is a mud pit and the horse has four broken legs and it's dead. But I'm going to get a broadband connect by the end of the year probably)

You can assume me a member of the RP team unless a Friaxian opens up a team with all the Civ developers at Firaxis, lol.

What will the minimum/maximum limit for this team be as far as no. of members?

Will all the Presidents and Ministers of the CivIII DG flock to join this team? I can see it now, the Sid Meier Team vs. the DG Position Holders team,

Really tho, sign me up as a 'will join' instead of 'might join'. I want to play a game to have fun rping and practice for the multisite, not to win. (Although I will try to help the RP team win as much as legally possible.)

And for the civ picking: Thanks for the summary Togas of Spam, now that u think about it a Ancient Age against human competitors will be truly most brutal. Spam would only be good if we were content with simply holding off the evil attacking tribes until we get Conquistador. If the other new civs are snapped up though Spam is ok.
                      meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

I'd be interested in joining this time, though I won't be able to get PTW until Christmas or so.

Comment

Roleplayteam

I'd like to join if there's still room in this team. I've never played a democratic game before so I don't exactly know how it works but it sounds like alottafun. And we should play as Vikings.

Comment

So far, of the four Carth, Spain, Celts, & Ottomans -
                            oh, and Korea, I would knock out Korea. If we skip Ottomans because Trip's team takes them. Then knock out Spain because the UU comes late and its only 3/2/2, which will have problems beating anything once we get that far.

Of Celts and Carth, I normally would like Carth's attributes; but for a roleplay team - Miltaristic and Religious sounds much more fun than Commercial and Industrious. Also, gotta like the UU, a fast Swordsman - nice.

So, I change my vote to the Celts, however, should someone chime in with the specs on the other three: Vikings, Arabs & Incas (is that the last one?) I'll reassess.
                            Note: the Law Offices of jdjdjd are temporarily closed.
                            "Next time I say something like 'lets go to Bolivia', lets go to Bolivia"

Comment

This really looks funny! I would like to join
                              "Never trust a man who puts your profit before his own profit." - Grand Nagus Zek, Star Trek Deep Space Nine, episode 11
                              "A communist is someone who has read Marx and Lenin. An anticommunist is someone who has understood Marx and Lenin." - Ronald Reagan (1911-2004)

Comment

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
                                But think of the roleplay! Spain owes its Golden Age (in RL!) to the American conquests, and we would have plenty of mustachioed Explorers in our midst relating tales of how they were educating the local heathens in the glory of Christianity.
                                Totaly agree!!!!
                                We Must think first on the roleplay, since we are a Roleplay team!
                                Spain or Celts are now my preferences for civ, for they would be cool. Also, I don´t know about arabs, but they could be cool (Jihad!!! ), but if there are going to be persians and Ottomans as the other teams, who would we Jihad against?
                                So I am in favour of the Celts (Pagans x Muslims, ha, might be cool) or Spain (A little taste of Spain´s reconquest war, ha?´´ Let´s kill Moors!)
                                So this is my opinion.
                                Just a note, i guess trip will take Ottomans, and probably the other reams will soon take Scandinavians and persians (everybody wanna be Pers. Wonder if that is because of their excelent carpets... )
                                By now I guess that´s all folks!
                                See you later!
                                --Nuclear Winter
                                Señor Nuclearis Winterius the III,
                                Diplomat with the Voxians, and also
                                Señor Pablo Winterius, missionary Bishop and Archbishop of the Roleplay team

Comment

Working...
                                X