X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panag
    replied
    hi ,

"For the US version only and is completely incompatible with any European version."

"IMPORTANT NOTE: This patch is designed for the US version only and is incompatible with any European version of Civilization III: Play the World. "

why is it so difficult to read the above before one downloads , ......

have a nice day

Leave a comment:

• SpencerH
    replied
    Here's a little bug (of sorts). If those with US versions upgrade we cant play PBEM with non-US versions. This has led to a big bollux-up with some people (including me) upgrading then trying to remove the damn thing (with the usual success).

On that note, does anyone why the splash still says 1.21 if you remove 1.21 with windows 'add/remove programs'? It seemed to work (except for the splash) but it would save a bunch of trouble if I knew for sure.

Leave a comment:

• Panag
    replied
    hi ,

well the game gets better every minute , thanks guys for fixing it

so many fixes , ......

a Q to Firaxis , how long will it take before the patches are out in the other local languages

and why on earth are there so many different versions to start with , ....

Soren , Mike

have a nice day

Leave a comment:

• player1
    replied
    Originally posted by gnome
    Any changes to the default scenario rules?
    Look this thread:
    civ3x.bix history

Leave a comment:

• Sunstone
    replied
    I wonder what Soren did to the AI this time. Last patch was GREAT in terms of AI - Changes. They don´t mention it, as always.
    Experiences ?

Leave a comment:

• Wittlich
    replied
    Well, enhancements are for CivIV.
    I know, but I can always hope.

Leave a comment:

• WarpStorm
    replied
    I wouldn't expect any enhancements in the future either (as I didn't in this patch), just bug fixes from here on out (although, I'd like to be pleasantly surprised).

Leave a comment:

• SpencerH
    replied
    So they've fixed some of the game bugs. Whooop de do. There's none of the improvements I was hoping for. I'll finish my existing PBEM games and thats it for CIV.

Leave a comment:

• gnome
    replied
    Any changes to the default scenario rules?

Leave a comment:

• ricketyclik
    replied
    What about existing PBEM games? Can they continue if the patch is applied to one or more of the players' copies of the game?

Leave a comment:

• Spiffor
    replied
    All Civ3 or PtW patches previously could be implemented on vanilla versions of the games. I cannot install the patch now (I have the UK version), but it is very likely the patch can install on a vanilla PtW too

Leave a comment:

• Alex
    replied
    And now for my usual stupid question: can I install this patch over the vanilla PTW or do I have to have v1.14 in place prior to do so?

Leave a comment:

• Alex
    replied
    Good. I'll wait a bit longer to download it, though. Terrible past stories of wrong patches and fubared installations... Although, from what some people say, this one seems to be OK.

Leave a comment:

• ChaotikVisions
    replied
    Hmm, a patch. I saw this news yesterday while browsing the MoO3 forums, was thinking "1.21f? Isn't that already out for Civ3..must be European". Of course, now I realize its PTW and 1.21f not 1.29f. Patch looks pretty good, though doesn't seem to be any major changes to SP, the military advisor speed getting fixed is great though. For now though, my galatic conq-, er unification must continue in MoO3.

Leave a comment:

• Spiffor
    replied
    Great
    I can't wait for the UK version to ship !

Leave a comment:

Working...
X