• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traelin
    replied
    Originally posted by cronos_qc
    Fixes in v1.21f:
    * Fixed an out of synch involving nukes.
    * Fixed lockup with nuke launching.
    Hopefully one of these fixes the nuke problems I kept having. If that's the case, I'm more than happy with this patch.

Leave a comment:

• SpencerH
    replied
    Its a copy protection issue. Infogreed changed copy protection from CIV3 (safedisk) to PtW (secUrom) and lots of people have had this problem with PtW (at one time or another).

I think the problem is more common in CD-R and CD-RW drives. So if you have a CD-ROM re-install with that drive (I think thats what fixed it for me).
    Last edited by SpencerH; March 6, 2003, 10:58.

Leave a comment:

• tonyhaug
    replied
    I have one problem with the patch. After installing the patch and inserting the CD to play, the little CD arrow icon just keeps spinning, never opening the CD!! I uninstalled the patch with no change. Re-installed it and no change. Right now I can't open the PTW CD!!! I tried a different game CD (Unreal II) and had NO problems. Haven't resolved the problem yet, but my next step will be to uninstall all patches and entire game and re-install. That is if I can ever open the CD again!!!

Anyone else out there have this same problem??

Leave a comment:

• Panag
    replied
    hi ,

the paratroops end up death if the space the land on is occupied by an other enemy unit , or unit from a third civ , .....

have a nice day

Leave a comment:

• WarpStorm
    replied
    This was an issue with 1.14f also.

Leave a comment:

• alva
    replied
    Perhaps their chutes (sp?) didn't open...?

Leave a comment:

• Aias
    replied
    Has anyone else, since installing the patch, had problems with paratroopers? During some battles, they disappear, except for their helmets. Also, sometimes the fighting animation doesn't run during battles.

Anyone else notice this?

Leave a comment:

• SpencerH
    replied
    There are web utilities (click on port scan) that can tell you if certain ports are blocked by your ISP. When PtW first came out there were a few people who found out they were screwed in this way.

Leave a comment:

• alva
    replied
    Your ISP isn't blocking any ports that PTW is using, is it.

I have this problem often with (a lot of ) MP games, which is

Leave a comment:

• darthx86
    replied
    You might check and see if you're running XP's firewall.

Leave a comment:

• canadianbacon
    replied
    Took a chance, and lost

OK, I waited for this patch (past the 90 day refund period) thinking, no make that hoping, they will get it all working.

I still can't connect to games (no firewall, no router, no anti-virus).

I unisntalled, erased, re-installed to no avail. Totally frustrating.

I don't think I'm the only one who still has problems. Whats the trick? $500 of new hardware for a $30 game? (I already swapped NIC, tried new video card, exchangd some memory with friend).

The only reason I bought it was to play online, and it still does not work. Any magical words of wisdom, anybody find the 1 odd-ball thing that made it all work?

Running Windows XP Home (up-to-date).
    Soundblaster Live
    Nvidea MX440 (Elsa).
    Athalon 1.2ghz T-Bird on K7S5A MB.
    512K DDR.

PS
    Other Directplay games I use work fine.

Any hints as to what to try would be greatly appreciated!

Leave a comment:

• PLATO
    replied
    Post patch chat would be nice

Leave a comment:

• player1
    replied
    Now since only real difference between US and non-US versions is copy-protection, here is one small test.

Non-US user downloads US patch.

Then "installs" it in some backup directory (just to not overwrite original 1.14f patch)

Now, pick 1.21f civ3x.bix and civ3Xid.mb files and put them in your PtW directory (backup original 1.14f files).

Now try playing the game with such setup.
    Will it them be compatibile since you'll use same BIX files as those with 1.21f version (but you'll still stay with 1.14f patch)?

I don't know.
    Only time will tell.

Someone could test it.

P.S.
    By the way and chance of post-patch chat with Firaxis?

Leave a comment:

• Wittlich
    replied
    Well put Spencer!

Leave a comment:

• SpencerH
    replied
    No **** sherlock, but I dont spend my time worrying about what version you have or if you're involved in a game with someone who's involved in a game with someone who's involved in a game with me.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X