No announcement yet.

Gone Gold says Civ3 officially gold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Their probably too busy playing to do any work.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Magaha FIRAXIS

From what I am told, the UK and US shipments are expected to arrive on the same day. Logistically I don't know if this will come to pass or not, but as I stated earlier, the version that the UK will receive will be identical to the North American version, so there is no delay for translation (sorry, you'll have to put up with our Yankee humor and ruffian English ).

I have *NO* other news to report about localized versions at this time, nor do I know if retailers in other parts of Europe will be able to procure copies of the US version. As soon as we know anything more, I will let you know.

Dan
      Thanks Dan for the reply. Still not sure if LE will be in UK shops at the same time but I appreciate your response.
      'No room for human error, and really it's thousands of times safer than letting drivers do it. But the one in ten million has come up once again, and the the cause of the accident is sits, something in the silicon.' - The Gold Coast - Kim Stanley Robinson

'Feels just like I can take a thousand miles in my stride hey yey' - Oh, Baby - Rhianna

Comment

Originally posted by Gramphos
        Hey, Dan!
        The FAQ isn't up to date.
        Yes, I am aware of this. If only I had eight arms....

Dan
        Dan Magaha
        Firaxis Games, Inc.
        --------------------------

Comment

None. UK and US retail outlets are both expected to receive the game on October 30th.

Dan
          YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!! THANKYOU.
          Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
          "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Yes, I am aware of this. If only I had eight arms....

Dan
            Well together with your horse you at least have eight extremities.
            Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Hey Dan, do u have any idea about the release date for Latin America??? (coz the world is not only North america and Europe).
              Thanks.
              Roman: Civilization belongs to the civilized. Attila: It belogs to those who have the power to conquer it. Me: Nope, it belongs to me. Coz ive paid 50 bucks and it has a 30 days satisfaction guarantee.
              Asesino_Virtual

Comment

I hope I´ll be able to buy a copy of Civ3 (original or localized version) in Vienna in mid-november. At least, the game will be here before christmas.
                "As far as general advice on mod-making: Go slow as far as adding new things to the game until you have the basic game all smoothed out ... Make sure the things you change are really imbalances and not just something that doesn't fit with your particular style of play." - WesW

Comment

When will people who pre-ordered civ3 get it?

Comment

Could the night get any better? I've just been to see the Reduced Shakespeare Company (and they are incredibly funny), I've just got a letter from my Tutor saying I've been granted £150 as expenses for effectively going on holiday, and now I come here and find that not only is IT printing almost as I speak, but that I should be getting IT more than a fortnight before I expected IT!

Can anything else go right?

Hang on while I call that girl in Edinburgh I've been chasing...
                    The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
                    Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
                    All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
                    "They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara

Comment

Just wanne say I have talked to the norwegian distrubetor (how do I spell that word?). They said it was likely to hit the shelves 27. november..... That cant be true..... they must have been drinking
                      aCa (a Civilization addict)

Comment

YEEEAAAYYYY!!!!!

dont harrass dan. hes been partying late ino the night and now is trying to play civ3 with a hangover..
                        And God said "let there be light." And there was dark. And God said "Damn, I hate it when that happens." - Admiral

Comment

i could not be happier

Dan, lemme just say (and you can pass this onto all your collegues at Firaxis) that you guys are doing a fantastic job, inspite of a few things that some complain about, everything i hear about the game makes me want it more and more. . . keep up the good work

(does the super exited dance of joy)
                          (starts scheduling a "sick day" on oct 30th)
                          -connorkimbro
                          "We're losing the war on AIDS. And drugs. And poverty. And terror. But we sure took it to those Nazis. Man, those were the days."

-theonion.com

Comment

wohoooo

OK this USA version selling in the UK is the BEST decision you have made... Thank you Dan for this info, and thanks Infogrammes for the decision

.* starts counting....*22 + days to go..

Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                            GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

I did my preorder YESTERDAY on a whim! So Civ3 will be in my hands very, very soon.

And I got it from... can't remember the name. All I know is that, once again, I shall be able to play MOO2!
                              To those who understand,
                              I extend my hand.
                              To the doubtful I demand,
                              Take me as I am.

Comment

if it has already shiped why cant i buy it today?
                                maybe ill bribe that guy at media play

Comment

Working...
                                X