No announcement yet.

Gone Gold says Civ3 officially gold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought that the dog was for running on a belt to generate electricty after they cut the power.
    "I agree with everything i've heard you recently say-I hereby applaud Christantine The Great's rapid succession of good calls."-isaac brock
    "This has to be one of the most impressive accomplishments in the history of Apolyton, well done Chris"-monkspider (Refering to my Megamix summary)
    "You are redoing history by replaying the civs that made history."-Me

Comment

• I'm glad Civ 3 made it to gold maybe now they can use some of those profits to develop a MP version.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• I'm glad Civ 3 made it to gold maybe now they can use some of those profits to develop a MP version.
        they didnt make any profits yet.
        "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
        - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

• ANYWAYS, ITS FINALLY GOLD!!!!!!!
          ....celebrates loudly for several hours....
          Yeah, I'm expecting the last of the IV supplies this week, and my dad is shipping me all his unused "Y2K" stockpile. Heheheh....

Comment

• gold games go juarez usually in a week. so someone could have it soon.

but i am not condoning pirating civ3, after all you should support a company that lied to you and got your hopes up about multiplayer so you'd buy their damn game, then have someone leak an email by accident and leave that bomb ticking on the ground only to be gawked at by thousands of faithful minions. the bomb then explodes, the shrapnel gouging out the eyes of the hopeful and stinging the already sore and raw skin of the pessimists. and still you ignore the bomb. you throw up a revised FAQ which essentially adds 2 setences to your previous statement and walk away, the loyal minions still marching behind the game they love, bleeding to death.

and without multiplayer how do they think they'll manage a proper copy protection system?
            Last edited by Inverse Icarus; October 12, 2001, 15:42.
            "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."

Comment

• KruxY, did you align with the Pessimists again due to the lack of MP or was it something else?
              And copy protection is no problem. They just have to make a lot of patches that you will need to get the game to run correctly, and to get that patches you would have to verify your game with a license number connected to your game.
              Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

• yea, but their "innovative" multiplayer services could have featured a central hub for copy protection, like q3, which hasnt been multiplayer cracked yet.

and yes im aligned again because of the multiplayer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gramphos
                  And copy protection is no problem. They just have to make a lot of patches that you will need to get the game to run correctly, and to get that patches you would have to verify your game with a license number connected to your game.

Lots of patches!? I can't believe what I'm reading here! So you're saying it's company policy to release half-baked games so they can be copy protected by constantly releasing game patches?

Or did I miss the seasonal migration of SP fans to LA-LA-LAND or something?

CapTVK
                  A SP/MP fan who's looking forward to Civ3, but who's going to wait for awhile before purchase (1-2 months should do it).
                  Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

• Originally posted by CapTVK
                    Lots of patches!? I can't believe what I'm reading here! So you're saying it's company policy to release half-baked games so they can be copy protected by constantly releasing game patches?

Or did I miss the seasonal migration of SP fans to LA-LA-LAND or something?
                    Actually they could make some free improvements also that require verification, and just one download would be enough to ensure copy protection. Let's say that the game has Internet access as one of the sys req. Then when it installs it says that it need to verify you license connection to your CD to get the last necessary info needed to even run the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gramphos

Actually they could make some free improvements also that require verification, and just one download would be enough to ensure copy protection. Let's say that the game has Internet access as one of the sys req. Then when it installs it says that it need to verify you license connection to your CD to get the last necessary info needed to even run the game.

And I say it's none of their business to keep "my version" up to date and run it myself without internet connection. Oh wait! I've only 'licensed' the game from them. So I really don't own it at all.

I disapprove of this sort of service to the customer. I'll download the patches myself, in my own time if I need them, thank you.

From the LA-LA tourist brochure:

"LA-LA-LAND is a great place visit. Infact many visitors find it such an enthralling place that they never come back to the real world at all."

Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

• Originally posted by CapTVK
                        And I say it's none of their business to keep "my version" up to date and run it myself without internet connection. Oh wait! I've only 'licensed' the game from them. So I really don't own it at all.

I disapprove of this sort of service to the customer. I'll download the patches myself, in my own time if I need them, thank you.
                        I never said it was a good way to do it, I just said it was a way to do it.

Comment

• Originally posted by PGM
                          Hey Dan, great news.
                          You're all doing a helluva job, nevermind stupid "hey the faq's not updated nananananana" complaints.
                          And let me just say that if it turns out to be true that both US and UK stores will be allowed to start selling the product at the same time, I want to give you all a and a big thank you for not discriminating American/European gamers. THIS is the way to go.
                          Not discriminating European gamers? So Europe is only the UK?
                          Strange post from a guy that is portuguese!!!
                          I do not want to achieve immortality threw my work. I want to achieve it threw not dying - Woody Allen

Comment

• I think the US and UK only thing will stall the introduction of the game only in those countries that get localized versions. That is, if your country doesn't get a German or Russian or French civ3, some importer shall probably get the american/english version in your country.

Just speculations, anyway, but I've seen it happen alot.

Comment

• yes, but for the moment, there is only an english version available.
                              We (some french players) have phone to Infogrames in France : no localized version for us before mars 2002! Do they really need 5 months to translate a game?

Comment

• Well AFAIK there here never a CIV game in Portuguese or Brazilian (same thing but with some diferences).

Civ games have always been played in english by portuguese fellows so no reason for a delayed release...

Or maybe there is...

Because if i get the game from the USA they will get more cash since to have it in shelters in other countries at least one more person must get his share

Also being the Special Edition available only in other countries months later is to try that ppl buy two games instead of one...

If i can get a warez copy soon that the original one (and almost sure i will) then i will only buy it much more later when it is no more a new game and price drop to at least half...

By the way i've seen already some piracy running from Sweden selling the game
                                I do not want to achieve immortality threw my work. I want to achieve it threw not dying - Woody Allen

Comment

Working...
                                X