Major Point for Hidden Nationality Units in MP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Major Point for Hidden Nationality Units in MP

they should be given their own turn, after all the human turns, or something.

if they know it's my turn, and they see a privateer attack a ship, they know it's me, durrrrr.
    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

I'm probably wrong, so only listen if someone else agrees with it.

The purpose of units with hidden nationality is to be able to attack another civ's unit without declaring war (obviously). The AI, however, knows that it is your unit and lowers its attitude toward you (gracious to polite, polite to cautious, etc.).

I sometimes use this tactic of lowering their attitude to provoke them into declaring war (in addition to trade embargos, demanding lots of gold, and repeated espionage failures) when I am in a democracy or republic and want to avoid war weariness.

I rarely build privateers, aside from the purpose explained above. With an A/D/M of 1/1/3 and no bombard ability, they are only good for destroying galleys (try to find an enemy galley in the very late Middle Ages).

I hope this answered your question. I'm not too sure it did. Sorry for any confusion.

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't look at the whole topic. I didn't notice the MP. That changes everything. I agree that there should be a time period after each turn to move hidden nationality units. It's pretty obvious when seeing another player move all his ships and watching a privateer come and attack your navy. Then again, I don't play much MP. Sorry about that.
    Last edited by Greetings; June 15, 2003, 21:05.

Comment

I hope this answered your question. I'm not too sure it did. Sorry for any confusion.

I don't think so since he is talking about MP
      -
      Your tactic however is a valid one for SP use
      -
      Yes Uber, indeed, that really doens't make any sense..
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

In the Glory of War PBEM2 we made all the UUs of the civs not being played (16 of them) have the Hidden Nationality game for the primary purpose of being able to attack one another and not having to declare war.

Comment

Originally posted by GhengisFarb
          In the Glory of War PBEM2 we made all the UUs of the civs not being played (16 of them) have the Hidden Nationality game for the primary purpose of being able to attack one another and not having to declare war.
          Can you clarify this? How does having unplayed units not show a nationality allow you to attack other players with immunity?

Comment

AI-controlled?
            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Working...
            X