No announcement yet.

Anhk-Morpork Correspondence thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

with our limited set of options, con's plan seems the best.

I agree we cannot hurt -- even touch -- BoH. So that leaves AM to focus on.
    Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

Is Krill a D1ck? You be the judge

Krill's post in the Civ4 section

Originally posted by Verenti (in response to another poster)

If you say so, All I know my campaigns succede more often than not in Civ1, 2/SMAC, where as in Civ3 they failed more so than succeded.
      Originally posted by Krill
      That was probably down to you using shoddy tactics, and your inability to adapt to the game.
      What an a55.

Comment

I just read Verenti's response...

Originally posted by Verenti

And how is one to use good tactics in a game that is at no point on the tactical level?

I'm not saying I usually didn't win, I'm saying it usually wasn't through conquest, but usually through culture, which shows my ability to adapt just fine.

But thanks for being a jerk regardless.

Comment

Krill just exudes charm.

Comment

Take a a look at the 530bc save AM moved a pile of units next to our settler. This was my message to them.

(you can read between the lines.)

What is up with your stack next to the babylonian settler? Are you going to kill another Babylonian city as some weird way of weakening BOH. I really do not understand at all. I once questioned whether you were playing for a second place finish, and although you denied it at the time, your actions in the game certainly indicate that this is the case.

If Babylon is going to be any use in an early or eventual war against BOH, we need to grow. The war against you cost us our Golden Age, a number of cities, a pile of units, and several workers - along with our iron supply. We need to expand and strenthen our production. You have taken away any potential to expand north, and refused to give back any of that land as part of a peace deal, so we have to expand to the west.

You also expressed concern that you would take the brunt of the fighting in a war with BOH. This would not be the case if you had not expanded east across the north end of our territory. If that land was still ours, we would have a border with BOH, thus sharing the impact of a war.

So, you have dictated our geographic moves. If you are now trying to dictate that we cannot grow any more, well, as I said earlier, we may as well quit the game. Not worth playing. I can move the city in question one tile to the SW (keyboard 1) if that helps, but we need some land. Simple as that. Your call.

And while we are on it, can we not start communicating more. It would probably help to creater trust and understanding, and avoid situations such as the one we are now in.

I await your response. If you can, please respond soon as I am waiting to play the turn. Thank you.

Beta.
            Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Comment

ATTACK AM NOW

Comment

Good Lord
                  *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

please eloborate.

I didn't realize how much I miss your absence. Without your spam, er, I mean posts, there was hardly any activity.

Even Beta stopped drinking so much wine when you were away.

Comment

They just dont get it.

Thats my elaboration.

I thought we had a 25 year "enforced peace?"
                      *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

yes enforced peace, but not enforced allies

Comment

Working...
                        X