Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

¿Which 3 european civs deserve to be present in Civ4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Your Wrong!

Originally posted by Silpy
    2002-1920 Turkey
    1920-1452 Ottoman Empire
    1452-610 Bazintine Empire
    610 - 100 BC Roman Empire
    100 - 336 Various Greek States
    336 - 550 Persian Empire
    550 BC --> Varoius

And Turkey has only been called Turkey since about 1850. Before (and sometimes still now, she is called Anitola (fear spelling is incorrect)
    After mentioning my ideas with my Turkish suitemate, he agreed with Civ 3 in that he would prefer the Ottomans being in the game instead of the Turks.

As to what you said, you are correct in that the modern republic of Turkey is relatively young; but Turks themselves have been around much longer. I believe they immigrated to their current region from central Asia, where they had previously lived north of the Persian Empire. Although I will not guarentee how precise that information is, as my suitemate is in class right now: so I cannot easily verify that without reading through numerous articles on the internet.
    Liberté, Egalité, Fraternité.
    Ich stütze Palestina.
    El hedudd.
    iViva la Milano!

Comment

I know.

Turkey is a wide mix of peoples, Due to the Fact the Turkey was the last stopping point for many Asian invasions, and the Ottomans were one of them. Millenia of settlements by countless Empires, immigration form districts of the Empire, means that Turkey is well mixed.

PS Everybody should at least visit Istanbul at least once. I only spent 3 hours there, but I really liked the vibes!

And yes, the Ottomans emigrated form Asia about 1300 AD, they settled in Turkey, defeated the Bazintine Empire, carved out a small Muslim base, and continued to grow, and she grew upto the gates of Viennia.
      How can you defeat an enemy which will never accept defeat?

Comment

Austrians are germans
        Hungarians are not austrians
        Austrians-hungarians are not even an ethnic group as they were just austrians seizing the hungarians
        I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Who said Hungarians were Germans?
          Hungarians are so differant to Germans!
          Hungarians originate from invaders from centeral asia, where they came from about 1000-1200 AD (then as Magars) This is why Hungarian is so differant than Czech, German and Roumanian.
          How can you defeat an enemy which will never accept defeat?

Comment

Uruguay, Uruguay, Uruguay...

How did you ever win a World Cup?
            I use Posturepedic mattresses for a lifetime of temporary relief.

Comment

I'd just like to point out how close the Austrians and Hungarians feel they are. The Austrians feel more closely related to the Hungarians than to the Germans in many cases.

Although in many cases, the Austrians feel closer to ANYBODY than to the Germans...
              I use Posturepedic mattresses for a lifetime of temporary relief.

Comment

Why basques and not catalans? We controlled the mediterranean sea by 100 years in middle ages and now we doesn't appear? We have to put bombs to appear in the TV News ?
                Signature: Optional signature you may use to appear at bottom of your posts

Comment

Originally posted by XarXo
                  We have to put bombs to appear in the TV News ?
                  As strange as it sounds, yeah you do. Turn on the news in nearly any state and all you hear about are criminals, riots, terrorists, wars, etc... Violence is entertaining -- it sounds strange but most cannot deny its truth.

I definitely admire the Catalan region for what they have achieved through diplomacy, but I doubt too many ever knew the Catalan were ever or are anything more than a city called Barcelona -- unless they happened to have an good course in Spanish culture.

Actually, I had completely forgotten about the Catalan myself... There are just too many powers, though. For sake of simplicity, I personally feel that Spain is enough to cover Basques and Catalan. Before I inflame any nationalistic spirits, I also feel that Rome is enough to cover all the Italian states; Germany is enough cover the German states; and the list goes on. The nation-state doesn't really exist because there are just so many different nationalities in each state. Although I would love to see Civ 4 with several thousand different civs to choose from! That would be great!!!
                  Liberté, Egalité, Fraternité.
                  Ich stütze Palestina.
                  El hedudd.
                  iViva la Milano!

Comment

Working...
                  X