Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

¿Which 3 european civs deserve to be present in Civ4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ¿Which 3 european civs deserve to be present in Civ4?

Hi,
    It must be the 11th time you see a poll like this one, but I certainly dont care much about it.
    I post this thread because my south-american condition always take me to argue about the Aztecs, and I want to expand my topics of discussion. I also need to probe myself that I can be a real cosmopolitan citizen :=)
    Well, I wont make it serious so you`ll find some exotic options in the poll (not enough exotic to make it ridicoulous but...).
    The question is: supposing Firaxis opens 3 new places for european civs ¿which ones should they be?
    Hugs
    Yell
    the Celts
    7.69%
    the Huns - or even the Austrohungarians -
    0.00%
    the Portuguese
    0.00%
    the Vatican - maybe with the Swiss army -
    0.00%
    the Belgians
    3.85%
    the Basque
    0.00%
    the Tuks or the Ottomans
    11.54%
    the Scots
    0.00%
    the Vikings
    7.69%
    the Spanish
    30.77%
    the Poles
    11.54%
    the Dutch
    11.54%
    the Prusians
    0.00%
    One not listed here
    15.38%

The poll is expired.

Embassador of Uruguay (the country best known because its flag always appeared between USAs and USSRs flags when they were ordered alphabetically - in spanish USSR IS 'URSS').

I made an error: I didnt allow multiple vote in the poll.
    So, it seems all the thread has been spoiled. I know I look a lot more stupid now, but I`ll try to count your votes in your replies and post daily the results.
    Embassador of Uruguay (the country best known because its flag always appeared between USAs and USSRs flags when they were ordered alphabetically - in spanish USSR IS 'URSS').

Comment

Because an idiot didnt allow multiple vote, I had to vote only for Spain. If only I could find that stupid I would...
      Well, my vote is for Spain, Holland and Portugal. Those 3 are the most relevant out-siders of Civ3. They together conquered nearly 1/4 of the worlds land surface. I believe this poll has no sense... its too simple.
      Yell

Comment

I'd vote for the Celts, the Dutch, and the Spain
        I think the Celts are the basis of Europe and they changed the world by establishing culture in Europe and enabling Europe to take the next steps to dominating the world in the 19th century.
        I think the Portuguese did not change the world in any other way than Spain but Spain also strongly affected inner-European politics in contrast to Portugal, so I think Portugal is not among the Top3.
        "Cogito Ergo Sum" - Rene Descartes, French Mathematician

Comment

1. Spanish
          2. Vikings
          3. Portuguese

then...

4. Dutch
          5. Celts
          6. Poles
          7. Huns
          8. Serbs (although I don't really like them, esp. the one named "Serb", LOL)

I don't consider the Turks really "European", but if I had to I'd put them at #3 or #4 at least.
          "I've spent more time posting than playing."

Comment

Spanish, Viking and Dutch.
            One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

I`ll make two simultaneous poll: 1) the one you see at the top of the page (remember I commited the stupidity of not allowing multiple vote, so ignore its title and look at it as "¿Which european civ deserves to be represented in Civ4?") ; 2) the intended poll, but you`ll have to vote with your replies. Here, i`ll only count the votes in the replies, in order not to repeat votes.

The partial results of the first poll are seen above.

This are the partial results of the second one:

1) Spain .......................................... 3 votes
              2) Holland and Portugal .................. 2 votes
              3) Celts and Vikings ........................ 1 vote.

Comment

Please, those mysterious voters who selected the option "One not listed here", please write....
                It would be interesting if you could tell us which is your supported civ. I really would like to know which Civ you wanted to vote for, even if it is a question of nationalism.

Comment

Partial results of 2nd poll after Sagacious Dolphin`s vote:

1) Spain ............................ 4 votes
                  2) Holland ......................... 3 votes
                  3) Portugal & the Vikings .. 2 votes
                  4) The Celts ...................... 1 vote

Comment

Spanish, Portuguese, Vikings
                    CSPA

Comment

Patial results of first poll (¿Which new Euro-Civ deserves to be in Civ4?)

Spain .................................................. ....... 3
                      Belgium, Holland, Celts & Vikings .............. 1
                      One not listed here ................................... 2 votes

Partial results of 2nd poll (¿Which 3 new Euro-Civs deserve to be in Civ4?) - after Gangerolfs vote -

Spain ...................................... 5 votes
                      Portugal, Holland & Vikings ..... 3 votes
                      Celts ....................................... 1 vote

Comment

Patial results of first poll (¿Which new Euro-Civ deserves to be in Civ4?)

Spain .................................................. ....... 4
                        Belgium, Holland, Celts & Vikings .............. 1
                        One not listed here ................................... 2 votes

Partial results of 2nd poll (¿Which 3 new Euro-Civs deserve to be in Civ4?) - after Gangerolfs vote -

Spain ...................................... 5 votes
                        Portugal, Holland & Vikings ..... 3 votes
                        Celts ....................................... 1 vote

Comment

Please note that Holland is only 2 of the twelve provinces of what is now The Netherlands.
                          Which is still not the same as the Dutch civ.
                          Flemish and Boers are also part of the Dutch civilization.
                          A horse! A horse! Mingapulco for a horse! Someone must give chase to Brave Sir Robin and get those missing flags ...
                          Project Lead of Might and Magic Tribute

Comment

Sorry Ribannah,
                            I cant change in anyway the poll, so my errors will last for ever there.
                            This error surely comes from this:
                            In spanish, the Netherlands are called "Holanda". You can also call them strictly "Los paises bajos", but "Holanda" is a lot more commonly used.
                            In english, because of this, I always used "Holland" and "Netherlands" as sinonims, cos I didnt know they were different things.
                            Excuse me for that.
                            Hugs

Yellfromhell

Comment

That's OK, let's hope that Firaxis gets it right when they finally put the Dutch in ....

The Dutch provinces used to be separate powers, competing and fighting with each other, before they united. Holland, powerful and on the coast, was naturally best known elsewhere so in many languages that name stuck.
                              A horse! A horse! Mingapulco for a horse! Someone must give chase to Brave Sir Robin and get those missing flags ...
                              Project Lead of Might and Magic Tribute

Comment

Working...
                              X