Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smash
    replied
    I've seen this on my mac version a number of times.2 barbs sack my cap before 3000bc.Only at deity and raging hoardes.

I have also got barbs before 1st city.Once in 3700bc.

You only lose your "track" if you save the first game.If you don't save, Rome(if white) will always be your first city.

Leave a comment:

• Bird
    replied
    Blaupanzer: does that little quirk have any effect on riot factors encountered in subsequent start-ups using the same civ? In other words, does the computer think I have 8 cities when I only have, say, 7 from the current game, but restarted after founding 1 city in the previous game?

Leave a comment:

• Bird
    replied
    quote:

Originally posted by Blaupanzer on 12-28-2000 11:42 AM
    Was the game startup your second or later of the evening? The game program decrements the cities for a civilization based on the program's tracking. Thus, if you start a second game with the same civilization, the machine will see your single city as the SECOND city of your civ.

That could very well be it. That's sure as hell news to me. I'll be damned.

Leave a comment:

• Blaupanzer
    replied
    Was the game startup your second or later of the evening? The game program decrements the cities for a civilization based on the program's tracking. Thus, if you start a second game with the same civilization, the machine will see your single city as the SECOND city of your civ.

Leave a comment:

• Bird
    replied
    quote:

Originally posted by DaveV on 12-28-2000 11:16 AM
    Bird - was the warrior fortified?

Yep. I should add that I'm almost positive this was MPG Gold, but there is a possibility I loaded the original Civ II and didn't realize it. I wouldn't have expected one version to act differently than the other in that respect, but you never know.

Leave a comment:

• DaveV
    replied
    Bird - was the warrior fortified?

Leave a comment:

• Bird
    replied
    It was quite early, althought I don't recall the year. I only needed one warrior for martial law and had a couple of NON units out exploring. I was building a temple, intending to start Colossus next and teleport the exploring units home as needed for more martial law.

Leave a comment:

• rah
    replied
    Interesting, very interesting.

What year was it? Maybe the safe period lasts only so long.

RAH

Leave a comment:

• Bird
    started a topic Never Say Never

Never Say Never

I started an OCC game last night and had one warrior in the city. Two barb archers debarked from a ship next to the city. As usual, I ignore them. First archer leaves a sliver of red, next archer kills him. Time for a new game. Not that that experience will change my approach, but like the topic subject line says .....
Working...
X