X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deity Dude
    replied
    rixxe:
    What did you mean by it impacting army strength? Are you saying that attack/defense/movement values aren't absolute? Please elaborate.

Leave a comment:

• Bohlen
    replied
    I've always thought that is a nice little challenge...stay in peace for the entire game, don't piss the AI off, don't get so upset yourself by all the AI backstabbing, and fly to AC with a perfect reputation. I think this type of game is quite fun, especially when defending your borders under democracy.

Although some civ colors do give you the opportunity to start on great terrain, give me the Sioux and the south pole and I'll gladly accept the challenge. Sometimes it's fun to have a bad starting location in SP. It's dreadful in MP, however.

Leave a comment:

• rixxe
    replied
    It seems to me that your reputation is harder to improve by playing an agressive/expansionist/militaristic civ (mongols) than a rational/perfectionist/civilized one (greek). It also seems to change some parameters about the armies strength (unless "simplified combat" is chosen).

I'll acclaim whoever is able to stay at peace with everybody, and by the same time, to go on Alpha C. with the mongols. (in deity of course....)
    [This message has been edited by rixxe (edited December 19, 2000).]

Leave a comment:

• Rufus T. Firefly
    started a topic Factors in choosing a civ in SP

Factors in choosing a civ in SP

Okay, I've learned here that the civ color I choose can have an impact on my starting terain, since terrain gets assigned in order and is likely to get worse toward the end. I've also learned from Scouse Gits' impressive "A is for Alphabet" thread that the civilized/neutral/militaristic attitude of the civ I choose can affect the starting techs I get. But what about other factors? Does "aggressive/neutral/rational" matter? What about "expansionist/neutral/perfectionist"? And are there other factors of your civ choice that can have an effect on your game?

------------------
    Dig trenches, with our men being killed off like flies? There isn't time to dig trenches. We'll have to buy them ready made. Here, run out and get some trenches.
    -- Rufus T. Firefly, the original rush-builder
    [This message has been edited by Rufus T. Firefly (edited December 19, 2000).]
Working...
X