Do AI democracies collapse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do AI democracies collapse?

Okay, I just learned the hard way about AI cheats. I'm on a game in which my rich-but-not very advanced fundy govt. is squaring off against the Babalonyians' rich, advanced, democracy. My whole strategy has hinged on getting the Bab democracy to collapse, and now I find that AI cities can remain in revolt for multiple turns without incident. Even if I steal Bab advances and rush-build military, a full-on assault seems a losing proposition, since they've been building up a huge military while I've been subduing the other AIs and it's already the 20'th century. (For the record, I'm in this lousy position to begin with both because I'm a newbie at King level and because my starting position was on a large continent with five of the other six civs, who were positined so as to surround me.) So am I screwed, or is there a way to get AI democracies to collapse? TIA

------------------
    Dig trenches, with our men being killed off like flies? There isn't time to dig trenches. We'll have to buy them ready made. Here, run out and get some trenches.
    -- Rufus T. Firefly, the original rush-builder
    "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

To answer your question: no, AI democracies will never collapse from disorder. To answer your secondary question: your best bet may be to make peace, if you can. Then, move one of your units (edit: or, just contact them via the F3 screen) next to a Babylonian unit. If the Babs hate you enough, they will revolt into anarchy during your turn (another well-documented AI cheat), so they can declare war on you.
    [This message has been edited by DaveV (edited October 26, 2000).]

Comment

I have seen that accursed american democracy have a city stay in civil disorder for 5 turns at a time without the government falling.
      Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
      ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

Not to mention that they will also sometimes declare war or sneak attack without changing out of democracy.
        Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
        ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

Working...
        X