• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SlowThinker
    replied
    post 17

Originally posted by William Keenan
    Where did you get the Approval Rating formula from? I doubt it is correct since having no happy people will produce a zero approval rating.
    My tests.
    No, all citizens content makes almost 50%:
    50*(citizens)/(citizens+1)

Originally posted by William Keenan
    Why did you change the formula I posted? If the Literacy formula is wrong send me a SAV file.
    It is attached.

Originally posted by Blaupanzer
    Pretty sure annual income = taxes + luxuries for all cities.
    I suppose you mean GNP. Follow the link to debeest's thread. I tested it before and it is correct.

Per capita income (for all but the purple civ) = annual income / (population/1000).
    it is equal to
    1000*annual income/population
    Short test: but it depends on techs discovered! And William's formula looks accurate.

Population demographic changes over time. A city with 5 heads in it has a different (much lower) population in 1 AD than in 1900 AD.
    I don't see it. A savegame?

Edited a little.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by SlowThinker; October 30, 2001, 22:48.

Leave a comment:

• Blaupanzer
    replied
    Originally posted by EnigmaticGod
    Lets see here, yet another "strategy" post about equations and algorithims. Fun fun. Too bad you all still suck. Have any of you ever played slowthinker? I have. And I can safely say he is the worst player I have ever had the misfortune of playing. So maybe instead of figuring out the most useless stuff you should be practicing your games? Hint hint.
    Severe case of overflowing testasterone!

Pretty sure annual income = taxes + luxuries for all cities. Per capita income (for all but the purple civ) = annual income / (population/1000).

Population demographic changes over time. A city with 5 heads in it has a different (much lower) population in 1 AD than in 1900 AD. Not at all sure how that base changes, but it certainly goes from 5,000 to 10,000 per head over time. (Probably starts at a lower number and ends at a higher one but I haven't noticed lately.)

Leave a comment:

• William Keenan
    replied
    ST

Why did you change the formula I posted? If the Literacy formula is wrong send me a SAV file.

Where did you get the Approval Rating formula from? I doubt it is correct since having no happy people will produce a zero approval rating.

Leave a comment:

• William Keenan
    replied
    EnigmaticDog, please do the world a favor and kill yourself.

Leave a comment:

• Smash
    replied
    slowthinker or slowwhand?

if there is anyone repeatedly demonstrating their mental limits.........

Leave a comment:

• EyesOfNight
    Guest replied
    Lets see here, yet another "strategy" post about equations and algorithims. Fun fun. Too bad you all still suck. Have any of you ever played slowthinker? I have. And I can safely say he is the worst player I have ever had the misfortune of playing. So maybe instead of figuring out the most useless stuff you should be practicing your games? Hint hint.

Leave a comment:

• La Fayette
    replied
    Originally posted by EnigmaticGod
    You are a complete idiot.
    Nice words...
    Guess who posted them?

(La Fayette, sorry for this poor guy who can't help being aggressive)

Leave a comment:

• SlowThinker
    replied
    post 10

Thank you all, the text was updated.

William, you may reveal the life expectancy and disease now.
    Enigmatic Eyes, your note was really in place, I am very sorry for the errors and inaccuracies. I hope you are satisfied now. Excuse me again.

Literacy:
    William, you are not correct:
    The bonus is similar to: + 1 (if more than half of citizens live in a city with library) + 1 (if more than half of citizens live in a city with university). But there may be an additional +1 bonus, for example if all citizens are in cities with both improvements.

After errors in your literacy, I mark the annual income red.
    I am lazy to verify it now.
    Last edited by SlowThinker; October 30, 2001, 13:39.

Leave a comment:

• William Keenan
    replied
    post 9

I'd like to offer a few additons and/or clairifications.

Population Demographic

Total Population = Sum of all the city's population
    City Population = size * (size+1) * 5000

Literacy Demographic

Base 4% + 1% if half the cities have Libraries + 1% if half the cities have Universities

Each of the following technologies doubles the Literacy demographic: Alphabet, Writing, University, Literacy.

Annual Income

(Tax Revenue + (Luxuries * 2)) * techs discovered / (Population + 1) = per capita income

Tax Revenue is the sum of the gold produced in all of a civilization’s cities.

Population is the total of all city sizes.

Leave a comment:

• debeest
    replied
    fixed
    Last edited by debeest; October 31, 2001, 01:22.

Leave a comment:

• EyesOfNight
    Guest replied
    You are a complete idiot.

Leave a comment:

• Deity Dude
    replied
    very interesting - i was always curious how literacy was determined.

Leave a comment:

• SlowThinker
    replied
    post 5

reserved

Leave a comment:

• SlowThinker
    replied
    post 4

reserved

Leave a comment:

• SlowThinker