Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smash
    replied
    I faced several river cities but I got to them before they could build phalanx and walls.Cept the Mongols who had walls but only 2 small cities,Dam Mongols.Needle in a haystack.They were right there...

I more or less went the hut route.I didn't finish Sun's until the first 5 were gone(after 725 BC).I got very lucky in that I found units close to civs as well as 2 nomads which allowed me build on their doorstep.

score was 1640-213%

anything pre AD requires a fair amount of good luck.

the tech path path is simple really.Monarchy-Feudalism-Chivalry.After Feudal you usually have to adjust your tax rate to 70-30-0 so you get Chiv about the same time as you finish Sun's.This one you started with a wonder tech but with none I usually take Map as I may need boats and it has a wonder attached.After Chiv I change to 70-0-30 and use incremental rush building for nothing but Knights.Maybe a few diplomats.I increase luxuries as I capture cities and "extra" unhappies start to appear.At the end I'll be running 30-0-70.I got kinda screwed by hut technology in this one but not a huge problem as I was never gonna see modern ages
    [This message has been edited by Smash (edited May 23, 2000).]

Leave a comment:

• Oldman
    replied
    Vik, I hope that some one here will gives us OCCer's some advice, it looks like w're going to get obliterated?!!?!? I'll try this tonight and see what i can come up with!! But i think i may need to change the name to just Speed Conquest Challenge SCC, hey that's actually a better idea - can Ming change thread titles?

Ming: In case you read this, do you like e-mails or would you rather we posted? Anyway, are you able to change the title of threads? if so do you want to change this one to "Speed Conquest Challenge", cheers!!

Good luck with your game Vik, maybe the trick is to just go all out for the military techs and get quick horses and knights?

Leave a comment:

• vik
    replied
    I need help. Here is a log, the best way I know how to do it.

4000bc- moved settlers west
    3950bc- hut-legion; built london; london building warriors
    3900bc- researching h-back riding
    3850bc- founded York; york building warriors
    3750bc- london builds warriors; building settler
    3650bc- discovered h-back riding; researching cere burial; hut-50gold
    3600bc- york builds warriors; building settler
    3350bc- contact with russians; peace treaty for now
    3200bc- london builds settlers; building some more; break treaty with russians
    3100bc- nottingham founded; building warriors
    3000bc- cere burial discovered; researching code of laws
    2900bc- nottingham builds warriors; building settlers
    2600bc- york and london each build settlers; building more
    2450bc- hastings founded; building warriors
    2300bc- canturbury founded; building warriors
    2250bc- hastings builds warriors; building settlers
    2200bc- discover code; researching trade
    2100bc- nottingham builds settlers; building more
    2050bc- canterbury builds warriors; building settlers
    1900bc- london builds settlers; building more
    1750bc- meet babylonians; get mysticism and pottery; peace for now
    1650bc- found coventry and warrick; both building warriors
    1500bc- York builds settlers; building more; moscow destroyed
    1350bc- trade discovered; researching monarchy; switched to producing caravans
    1200bc- newcastle founded; building warriors; babylonians offer alliance. Why not? 50 gold
    1150bc- oxford founded; building warriors
    1000bc- made a ceasefire with russians to save a city
    800bc- monarchy discovered; researching fuedalism; revolt
    750bc- contact with mongols; peace; 100 gold tribute
    725bc- captured st. petersburg. Get map-making. Russia’s still not dead yet?

Ain’t no way I’m coming in before BC, so I’ll halt this game and ask for advice. I did my best attempt at ICS, but it is not something I really know hot to play, and quite uncomfortable for me to play after all those OCC games. Looking at the entire map, I see that I have 10 cities at size one or two; but there are still two russian cities; 4 mongol, 1 viking, 4 american, 2 babylonian, and 2 aztec. It is doubtful I would even have contact with the aztecs by 1-ad. I have little doubt I would win this game by around 1600-1700, possibly sooner, but I want to get better at fast conquest. Please give advice. I’m looking for tech-paths, unit building philosophies, city improvements, etc.

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• SmartFart
    replied
    Congratulations Smash!
    Your score is far better than mine.
    I made it 660ad.
    1550 - Sun-Tzu
    1450 - Chivalry
    900 - Russians
    60AD - Aztecs
    120 - Mongols and Babilonians
    460 - Vikings
    660 - Americans

I faced 7!!! walled cities (4 of them on the river).
    Did you encountered any?

Sorry i haven't made detailed log,but thats just too much for me.

Leave a comment:

• Smash
    replied
    uh oh.No log as I just finished OCC and was too lazy.

anyway I finished in 340 AD.No BC for me.I could have the record as 5 civs were down by 725 BC but I couldn't find the friggin Mongols!Imagine my fury when I did find where they were.argh!!

I got the first 5 with chariots and legions from huts.Well..I built a few chariots but got a half dozen legions from huts.Didn't have Chiv until 500bc or something.Didn't establish Monarchy till 1000BC.

This might catch on as it,like OCC, doesn't take too long.My game lasted about 2 hours(without log)Maybe another half hour for a log.That might get a little tedious as you may have a dozen cities.

Leave a comment:

• Oldman
    replied
    Smartfart, Really we need to include research, huts, anything you build, cities you take over, when you destroy civs etc. Check out one of the occ logs and do something along those lines, but it's all in the name of fun, so don't break your back doing it or anything!??!

Just thinking about it, what are the important strategies for this game? i'll try and write a rules file like pauls occ one when i figure out how this game is played!!

Leave a comment:

• SmartFart
    replied
    File d/l-ed.
    Will post about results later today.
    What do you want me to write in log file?
    Every single event (hut results,techs,building/capturing cities) or just some basics?

Leave a comment:

• DaveV
    replied
    Oldman - good idea. I've downloaded the file; I'll report back when I've played it (in about a week or so, probably).

Leave a comment:

• Scouse Gits
    replied
    OK I've d/led it - Lord knows when I shall have time to play, but thanks Oldman. I rather suspect that you might get your revenge in this approach to the game.
    Good civin'

------------------

"CARTAGO DELENDA EST" - Cato the Censor

Leave a comment:

• Oldman
    started a topic bc Bloodlust Challenge

bc Bloodlust Challenge

We've got OCC, Sp and multiplayer. So here is the New Speed Conquest Challenge, the bc Bloodlust!!!!!!!!

The rules are quite simple:
    1) Conquer the Planet as quickly as you can.
    2) No saving/reloading if things don't go your way!
    3) See rule 2, I mean it!!!!!
    4) Only your 1st attempt counts!
    5) Keep a log! So other people can see how you did it, that way we can all learn how to play this game better. And i can put up a results table with comparitative points labled!
    6) Make sure you enjoy yourself, lifes too short not too!!!

You can get the scenario from Here. The spec is:
    Small random map
    7 Civs
    Raging Hordes
    Don't restart eliminated players

Play as St George of the English, Try and play with Deity. But you if don't say what you did play with. Remember to have fun!!
    [This message has been edited by Oldman (edited May 22, 2000).]
Working...
X