Clear All

• Steve Clark
    replied
    Thanks for reminding me Sortub.

Leave a comment:

• William Keenan
    replied
    When can a hydro plant be built?

Here is the answer:[*]There must be a mountain or a river squre directly ajacent to the city, or the city is built on one of these.[*]There must be a factory in the city.[*]There is NO nuclear or solar plant already in the city.

Leave a comment:

• Hasdrubal
    replied
    'Continent-wide' wonders were used in Civ I. They were only changed to empire-wide wonders at the very last minute before release. I'm glad that they did make them empire-wide, it saves a lot of irritation. But, how difficult could it have been to go to the Civilopedia text and type 'empire' where it says 'continent'? Come on, developers, for God's sake!!!

------------------
    Ceterum censeo Romanem esse delendam.

Leave a comment:

• johnmcd
    replied
    What? a subject as simple as this this that no one knew the answer too instantly?

I didn't either, but really!
    [This message has been edited by johnmcd (edited June 01, 2000).]

Leave a comment:

• Carolus Rex
    replied
    OK, just to get this straight.

A mountain square or a river square next to the city square is the necessary condition?

I've wondered about this one forever, thanks!

Carolus

Leave a comment:

• geofelt
    replied
    The nice thing about hoover's is that you get a hydro plant EVERYWHERE. Without it, you need a mountain or a river adjacent to the city center square, not just within the radius. The build menu will not give you the hydro plant option without this condition.

Leave a comment:

• Smash
    replied
    the civlopedia says hydros can be built where running water exists.

This must be mountains and/or rivers in the radius.I think you need both.

I don't know if whether one or the other is directly adjacent to your city matters.I kinda think so.

Leave a comment:

• Oldman
    replied
    I thought i'd like to get this cleared up in my mind!!!!

I've just played occ fortnight 5, island civ, no rivers or mountains!! I had researched electronics (hover was available!!) but no hydro plant!!! and i most definetly had a factory, so i'm guessing it has to be a river thing?!?!

Do any of you have any ideas, or recollection of old games you've played where you've built a hydro plant?!?!

Leave a comment:

• Crustacian
    replied
    With a factory in the cties on or beside rivers makes hydros available if I remember right.

Leave a comment:

• catullus
    replied
    oldman:
    You know you need a factory in order to build a hydro plant? I forgot that on more than one OCCation: hydro never shows up, even with mountain or river in area, so I build Hoover instead. But of course, if I only had built factory first, I would have got hydro option next round.

C.

Leave a comment:

• Oldman
    replied
    I think you're right Scouse, when i was playing occ8 i was at the south location. I had a couple of river squares, i was next to the ocean, i had a mountain and some hills and my city was on grassland and i couldn't build a hydro plant!! so i assume it might need a river/mountain on the city square!!

Could it be as complicated as needing to have a river on a hill or mountain in the city radius? - just a thought??

Leave a comment:

• Scouse Gits
    replied
    I think you need either a mountain or a river in one of the eight immediately surrounding squares (or perhaps in the city square itself). I would welcome confirmation of this - anyone?

------------------

"CARTAGO DELENDA EST" - Cato the Censor

Leave a comment:

• Carolus Rex
    replied
    Related question.

When can you build a hydro plant in your city? I've had cities next to ocean squares and still no option. Does it require river squares next to (or within) the city radius?

And yes, I had factories in'em...

Carolus

Leave a comment:

• Smash
    replied
    actually it is a civlopedia error

Leave a comment:

• Jim W
    replied
    I've never looked at the manual about Wonders, but I'm fairly sure that when I build Hoover's dam, the announcement on the movie says it provides power to every city on every continent.

Which brings into mind an annoying mistake on my part; I fail to sell off all existing power stations at that time.

Did I claim to be an expert at this game?

Jim W

Leave a comment:

Working...
X