replied
    quote:

Originally posted by Titos on 02-05-2000 06:24 PM
    My wife

ROFLMGDAO... oh wait never mind

Leave a comment:

• SandMonkey
    replied
    whoa.. which "game" are we talking about here??

bow chicka wow wow.....

------------------
    SandMonkey

"Shut up brain or I'll stab you with a qtip"
    -Homer Simpson

"Ecky eck ecky!"
    "It's just a flesh wound!"
    - Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Leave a comment:

• Titos
    replied
    My wife

Leave a comment:

• RyanR
    replied
    I'm with Trajunus.. now I only use Fundy for end-game conquering.. gives you a nice high score for not having any unhappy people

Leave a comment:

• Matthew
    replied
    THE SEA !!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• poppawoppa
    replied
    Starting to use Customized maps, especially ones smaller than the standard 3 sizes. I began to use 25 X 40 squares as my small map size. Ususally only 2 to 4 competitors, and all pretty close, often aggressive and expansionist. This made me pay attention to keeping my cities happy and I couldn't wait on building wonders, the one or two I wanted had to come as soon as I had enough troops and temple, walls, to defend while building the WOW I would need. Hanging Gardens, Copernicus Observ.

Leave a comment:

• Curumbor Elendil
    replied
    Most of the important things about strategy I figured out on my own through hundreds of games before I came to Apolyton, but in the last couple months I have learned a couple nasty semi-cheats here: 1) progressive rushbuying, beginning with the cheapest unit (definitely helps in OCC); 2) building airbases on mined hills (never noticed the food bonus before).

------------------
    --
    Curumbor Elendil
    jason.sorens@yale.edu
    ICQ 56126989

Leave a comment:

• Sivro
    replied
    I always play on diety level; any other level is too easy. On this level, the most important wonder is Mike's chapel. Also, the most important thing to do ASAP is to switch to a monarchy.

Leave a comment:

• SandMonkey
    replied
    when i got the courage to play on a higher level than cheiftan....

And learning that you don't have to build every single improvement... saved me a LOT of gold

Plus learning how to play ICS, i haven't been stopped on King with it yet... next test... Emporer

------------------
    SandMonkey

"Shut up brain or I'll stab you with a qtip"
    -Homer Simpson

"Ecky eck ecky!"
    "It's just a flesh wound!"
    - Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Leave a comment:

• Scouse Gits
    replied
    Simple things improve your play.

I try and put some order into the way I operate. For instance, remember to move your engineers first in a turn. How may times have you been that fraction short of movement to complete a vital manoeuvre? If the road was a railway you could have done it!

Before any military action takes place, I move spies to gather intelligence about enemy cities. Think before you fight.

Likewise, I tend to "wait" all my transports to the end of the turn, so I can place all necessary freights and troops on board.

--------

Scouse Git (2)
    [This message has been edited by Scouse Gits (edited January 30, 2000).]

Leave a comment:

• Sivro
    replied
    I love using a Marco Polo's Embassy - Great Library combo. You can keep tabs on what opponents are researching so you don't waste time researching the same things. This combo tends to insure that you keep ahead on technology, which is the key to victory.

Leave a comment:

• geofelt
    replied
    Learning how to demand tribute has improved my game immensely. I can now win by bribing all the cities except the capitols and democracies.

Leave a comment:

• Sten Sture
    replied
    MyOlde - Mixing it around is probably a good idea, I usually just play the standard "Small" map that is the default with the game. But playing a large map with three civs or customizing the dimensions to 20x100 or whatever will give you a different feel. The half size map that geofelt made was half as tall as a standard small map; iirc it was 20x40. Anyway it is downloadable from the Tournament game page on this site. It was a great game, and if you haven't played it yet - do so! The one thing I will tell you is that you start on the south pole with no land bridge; therefore, Map Making is kinda important.

(If you can't beat the AI without much trouble, don't even think about challenging rah for a years supply of ferret-chow!)

Leave a comment:

• Traianvs
    replied
    apolyton threads convinced me that democracy is better than fundamentalism!!at least i can win emperor games now instead of going prince .

------------------
    ThermiteB(that's me!) RLZ like HELL!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Caesar the Great
    replied
    Hmmm... this is a no brainer... wait a sec it just slipped my mind... oh yeah... uhhhh... apolyton... yeah thats it

___
    CtG

Leave a comment:

Working...
X