Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rah
    replied
    In SP, war in democ is easy. If you have all the happiness wonders, (and when don't you), stock exchanges, and some good trade routes, and luxuries set at 10 or 20 percent, you'd be amazed at how many units a city can support away from it without a problem. I used to use shakes for my naval city or build military bases (Neutral food growth and only two pop on heavy shield production with CfC). But after playing for awhile, I've come to realize that it really isn't necessary. The Key is SOL so you can drop out to declare war/demand tribute with minimal lose of science. The UN helps but not predicatable enough.

MP is another story altogether. Not having every wonder makes it harder. Shakes and Military bases are the way to go. (military bases with neutral food production is really tough with 2x prod.) Small maps doesn't help either.

RAH

Leave a comment:

• War4ever
    replied
    as stated above Democracy war isn;t difficult at all with the proper things in place....

1 Shakes theatre and then re home your units, is a great but sometimes painstakingly slow way to do it.

Womens Sufferage allows more units in the field and combined with Shakes makes a lethal combination. Also saves cost of the police station.

UN.... makes wars easier to fight plus you get the benefit of other countries always offering peace.... plus the embassy thing.

SOL for demanding tribute and switching from one form of govt to the other and bribing cities and demanding tribute while doing so.... as you can go back into Democracy the same turn with this wonder.

If all else fails, and your not worried abut your reputation , then just break treeaties...

Most of this stuff has been posted somewhere before i just don't remember where..... have fun

------------------
    I am a civ addict. ARE U 2??????

icq 30200920

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Sparky
    replied
    Give the people enough wealth & you can easily fight a war as Demo. - Just like the real world !

Leave a comment:

• Smash
    replied
    build Shakes in a potentionally high sheild site.Re-support your Democratic army from this city.Real easy after Railroad.No unhappies from units in the feild.SOL is used for declaring war and commiting espionage.

Leave a comment:

• Aurelius
    replied
    Forming alliances is really important to using a democratic war machine. Having Woman's Suffrage and Statue of Liberty are very helpful. I think you'll find a lot of advocates of military democracys at Apolyton.

Aurelius

Leave a comment:

• vee4473
    started a topic Military conquer with Democracy

Military conquer with Democracy

I know that fundamentalism is the best choice if you choose to conquer the world militarily, but I would like to do it with democracy. It seems very difficult considering the restraints that democracy poses on military units...such as having to keep all military units either in a city or in a fortress..as soon as you leave to attack, you get unhappiness up the wazoo..

I was just wondering if anyone has actually militarily conquered the world with democracy. Or is fundamentalism the only way to go??

My hat goes off to anyone with the skill or PATIENCE to micromanage whatever is necessary to militarily take over the map under democracy!!

Please share your strategies...

thanks!!

Working...
X