Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To Carolus Rex.

How did you get bold lettering?

Nice to get some recognition for my work.

Another favourite strategy of mine is to have a massive bombing raid on a enemy city. I surround a city's eight tiles ajacent to the city to starve them out, then switch the 'stale' bombers with 'fresh' bombers.

Great fun invading the Nazi Ruhrland as France in the WWII scenario supplied with the game

LONG LIVE THE SOVIETS (and a Europe divided).
    Das Wasser soll dein Spiegel sein
    Erst wenn es glatt ist, wirst du sehen
    Wieviel Märchen dir noch bleibt
    und um Erlösung wirst du flehen.

The water shall be your mirror
    Only when it's smooth you will see
    How much fairy-tale is left for you
    And you will beg for deliverance.

'Alter Mann', RAMMSTEIN.

Comment

From the Ministry of Truth,

To get bold letters, write ["b"]X[/"b"] where X is the word you want to be in bold style. The " should be left out.

Carolus

Comment

Ah, King Carolus, I see you're a George Orwell fan.

Personally, I prefer Animal Farm myself, but that's probably because I have a soft spot for Stalin. 1984 is still a favourite of mine, though.

LONG LIVE THE SOVIETS
        Das Wasser soll dein Spiegel sein
        Erst wenn es glatt ist, wirst du sehen
        Wieviel Märchen dir noch bleibt
        und um Erlösung wirst du flehen.

The water shall be your mirror
        Only when it's smooth you will see
        How much fairy-tale is left for you
        And you will beg for deliverance.

'Alter Mann', RAMMSTEIN.

Comment

I have one strategy which I swear by. Kick *** and chew bubble gum. I make sure I don't buy any bubble gum . Trust me it works
          I'm 49% Apathetic, 23% Indifferent, 46% Redundant, 26% Repetative and 45% Mathetically Deficient.

Comment

1984 is my favourite, but I like Animal Farm too. Got a great copy of it, a "big book" (don't know the correct english word) with beautiful illustrations!

Carolus

Comment

Carolus: Did anyone talk about Comrades? A song of the most famous Finnish progressive rock band, Wigwam, just popped in to my mind:

With communism, we rule the world...
              And be the most powerful nation in the world...
              Comrades, let us conquer!

So before the Civ2 was released, the Wigwam know all ready the winning method!

Coooooommmrrraaaaaaadessss!!!!!!!

------------------

Comment

Another big advantage of OCC is that you can almost always research just about any tech you want when you're low on the power graph, instead of having to research something you either don't need at all or something you don't need yet. My flow chart isn't handy, but there are a few thinfs, like Monotheism, theology, fundamentalism, and Genetic engineering, espionage, and I believe communism and labor union, and perhaps a couple more, that are totally unnecessary for building your space ship, can be bypassed all together. Even at 1 discovery every 2 turns that's another 14 turns. And since the research costs for the last few techs can get so high, being able to skip unnecessary techs can make an even bigger difference.

Another important factor is being able to get a tech you want earlier in the research tree. If you can streamline your research to be able to get the automobile as tech number 60 instead of tech number 70, those other 10 techs can come a whole lot faster.

less animosity from the AI's that usually comes from being lower on the power graph doesn't hurt either.
                The camel is not a part of civ.
                THE CAMEL IS CIV !!!!
                SAVE THE CAMEL !!!!!!

Comment

Is your big book of Animal Farm the one illustrated by Ralph Steadman? Its a beaut.
                  www.neo-geo.com

Comment

I can't remember and I'm at the office now, but I'll have a look when I get home.

Carolus

Comment

Yup, that's the one!

Carolus

Comment

Working...
                      X