X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carolus Rex
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveV
    Carolus - fortified riflemen against similarly experienced cavalry can be expected to lose on open ground (6:8), win on forest, river, or swamp (9:8), and win big on better defensive terrain (12:8 on hills, 18:8 on mountains, etc.). So put those engineers to work...
    I guess all that global warming we've had isn't all bad then...

Carolus

Leave a comment:

• duke o' york
    replied
    I agree with STYOM - kill them before they can even get close to posing a threat to your units or cities. Take the fight to their cavalry with your own and rout them!
    It's always fun to put expendable units in the front line and save your decent troops to hit them on the counter once they've wiped out the cannon fodder but don't have enough moves to get to you.

Leave a comment:

• ramses II.
    replied
    Spies - for bribing and sabotaging purposes.

Leave a comment:

• rah
    replied
    yes, always a good idea.

Best to use chokepoints outside of your cities on good terrain, combined with mobile response units.

Leave a comment:

• Sparrowhawk
    replied
    Or switch to a new alliance and perhaps you won't have to defend (unless against your former allies )

Leave a comment:

• La Fayette
    replied
    Consequence (of the figures given by Dave):
    Build Alpine instead (well worth 10 more shields)

Leave a comment:

• DaveV
    replied
    Carolus - fortified riflemen against similarly experienced cavalry can be expected to lose on open ground (6:8), win on forest, river, or swamp (9:8), and win big on better defensive terrain (12:8 on hills, 18:8 on mountains, etc.). So put those engineers to work...

Leave a comment:

• Six Thousand Year Old Man
    replied
    Unless you have walls (and if you're playing against other people, they may sabotage them anyway), I think you're best off building Cannons or Cavalry as offensive defenders.

I find Riflemen iffy as defenders against Cavalry. Vet rifles on good terrain excepted, of course.

Leave a comment:

• Carolus Rex
    started a topic Best defense against cavalry?

Best defense against cavalry?

A propos the discussion in another thread, see

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hreadid=101847

, what would you suggest as a proper defense against cavalry?

Will riflemen be enough (vet or non-vet; depending on terrain type etc)?

Carolus
Working...
X