Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Julius Brenzaida
    STYOM, was it not 255+125 Magogs at the end
    I think I had 125 only in Australia and twice as many moving across South America to sweep the Spanish in North America.
    I just remember moving Magogs around in AC trying to find a city that hadn't had a teleport operation yet, then teleporting the Magogs from AC into China and railroading them north to Manchuria, across Mongolia, into Central Russia, down through Kazakhstan, across Iran and Iraq, through the Middle East and into Egypt... well you get the idea... 20 or 30 per turn at least. It seemed like 380 Magogs when I was doing it, but with the number used as garrisons it was probably 'only' 120.

By the time the last turns were played, there were many more Magogs

And then there was the shuffling of the food caravans to ward off starvation, and the massive number of Mupbu to move around cleaning skulls and/or terraforming... and the checking to make sure every city had a SDI... and... and...

Do you think people are tired of hearing us reminisce about the invasion game, yet?

STYOM
    "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
    "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

Giga maps...gasp!

Please tell me that Priests in Space will not involve a giga map. I've never played on one but have read tales of horror. Haven't those maps led to more divorces than pub dart leagues and Ted Kennedy's extramarital affairs?

Oh well, I shall play the hand dealt me by the Gits. Speaking of which, I know what a Scouse is but am clueless as to what a git is. I've heard it used in Monty Python and the Holy Grail ("You great Irish git!") and I know what a sot is (I am one), but could someone please assist me on what a git is?
      Hello, my name is Shawn and I am Civ impaired.

Comment

A git is a contemptible person, often a fool. Can also mean a bastard...now we're reading from the same page.

----------------

SG(2)
        "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
        "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Re: Giga maps...gasp!

Originally posted by El Civ
          Please tell me that Priests in Space will not involve a giga map. I've never played on one but have read tales of horror. Haven't those maps led to more divorces than pub dart leagues and Ted Kennedy's extramarital affairs?
          Awwww... they're not that bad. And besides, even a large map game can turn into a monster with long turns. I find gigamaps tend to make the AI expand more (and become a semblance of a challenge militarily) and add to the logistical challenge of getting your army to the enemy. Makes it more interesting, for me anyway.

There's usually lots of wide open spaces in a gigamap - more unoccupied space than on a large map, but the number of cities is often similar. Number of cities, IMO, is the major factor in how long a turn takes.

STYOM
          "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
          "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

Working...
          X