X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• klesh
    replied
    Originally posted by finbar
    Look on the bright side, SG[1], now you know you can irrigate with a howitzer!

Or you can get fancy and remove the menufunctions for a settler (fortress, irrigate, build city etc) and then tag a tank with role=5. Change the wheat icon to a fuel can, rename food to gasoline or petrol... and now you have a tank that requires 2 'fuel' to keep fighting!

-FMK.

Leave a comment:

• Zedd
    replied
    I found a little more information on the subject and it looks like my idea isn't going to fly. I thought it would be a fair practice to have Fundamentalist governments have the ability to produce terrorist units. The unit would only be able to attack once (like a cruise missile) and only attack city improvements. It would also ignore ZOC(spy). However i wanted to increase it's effectiveness to that higher than a spy.

DISCLAIMER:
    I am not, nor do i believe in terrorist!
    However terrorist regimes have dominated fundamentalist governments and i think that it would be a fair portrail of typical military structure.

I also entertained the idea of a satelite spy unit. Essentially a flying diplomat with out the ability to sabotage and with wider field of vision. This seems like it may still be possible except for the sabotage part but it WOULD be destroyed afterward a sabotage attempt so it may be feasable to "crash land" your satelite into a city, right?

Leave a comment:

• Scouse Gits
    replied
    Gee ta finie

SG[1]

Leave a comment:

• finbar
    replied
    Look on the bright side, SG[1], now you know you can irrigate with a howitzer!

Leave a comment:

• Scouse Gits
    replied
    OK - I said I wasn't sure - it now looks as if I was just plain WRONG

SG[1]

Leave a comment:

• finbar
    replied
    Re: Success of industrial sabotage

Originally posted by Zedd

What determins the success of a spy or diplomat when conducting industrial sabotage?
    I'm not sure exactly what you're asking. A diplomat can only be directed to sabotage. You can't give it a specific target. It will always succeed. A spy can be directed to sabotage a particular target but it runs the risk of being intercepted.

Also can i make another unit with the spy's abilities?
    If you modify a unit's "A.I. Role" factor (in rules.txt) to the number 6, it will perform Diplomat functions. So you could, if you chose, give a Howitzer - or any unit for that matter - Diplomat functions.

BTW, an "A.I. Role" factor of 5 = Settler functions, and a factor of 7 = Trade functions. So you could, if you chose, modify a howitzer to irrigate, build roads and cities. Or even deliver trade.

Leave a comment:

• SlowThinker
    replied
    I think the Dip & Spy special abilities are slot related - any unit defined in those slots will have the diplomatic abilities
    I guess it is the role in the rules.txt file...
    mostly it was others asking the same question
    It means you will probably find anything in the forums...
    Last edited by SlowThinker; May 29, 2002, 19:32.

Leave a comment:

• Zedd
    replied
    slow thinker
    Thanks for the tread but that really didn't answer any of the questions, mostly it was others asking the same question.

Leave a comment:

• SlowThinker
    replied
    Check the GL in Strategy forum.... I think it's under 'Info: Diplomats and Spies'
    The GL contains links to the archive only.
    Info: diplomats and spies

Leave a comment:

• Scouse Gits
    replied
    I think the Dip & Spy special abilities are slot related - any unit defined in those slots will have the diplomatic abilities - but this is not really my field of expertise - so I might be wrong...

SG[1]

Leave a comment:

• Six Thousand Year Old Man
    replied
    Check the GL in Strategy forum.... I think it's under 'Info: Diplomats and Spies'...

STYOM

Leave a comment:

• Zedd
    started a topic Success of industrial sabotage

Success of industrial sabotage

What determins the success of a spy or diplomat when conducting industrial sabotage? Also can i make another unit with the spy's abilities?
Working...
X