No announcement yet.

OCC Bloodlust Succession Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game sent to SG[1] and our Finnish friend!

The battleship is kind of unorthodox in OCC I suppose and I thought twice about it... But I was foreseeing hordes of French destroyers coming in, picking off unit by unit and then the freights so I figured I'd put something robust in there!

When I started my turn there were Roman freights all over the map (well, almost!) and I used them for trade, but the pay-off was low. When is it better to keep them at home to build space ship parts and when should I send them to foreign cities? Not difficult to figure out, but I was too lazy to think about it so I traded with the ones already out there and then stored the ones I built myself.

Probably made a mistake with the tax rate after I built the research lab. The number of turns/discovery moved randomly (after the AIs discovered techs?) from 3 to 2 and back to 3 again with taxes set to 0%. To avoid the "almost full science box but no discovery"-nuisance I decided to go for 3 turns/discovery. Could probably have managed 2 turns, but maybe the extra freights built chop off turns when building the space ship?

Good luck to the next man!

Edited: Typos...

Carolus
    Last edited by Carolus Rex; July 14, 2001, 11:46.

Comment

• I know it's summer and time for vacations and everything, but did you guys get the save?

Carolus

Comment

• Sorry Carolus - yep I have it - if Marko does not reply soonest I suggest we bypass him and send to Hueij ...
        "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
        "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

• Fine with me! A couple of more days, say until the end of this week?

Maybe we'll end up taking turns? A two player succession game...

Carolus

Comment

• In case this game radically speeds up
            I warn you, I am on vacation this week. I'll be back by tuesday the 14th
            Good luck to whoever it is the turn to play
            Oh Man, when will you understand that your greatness lies in your failure - Goethe

Comment

Working...
            X