Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carolus Rex
    replied
    SG[1], try Definitely_Rex@yahoo.com! Also, I think my hotmail account is ok again.

What's this big confusion about order all about? I have always played after SG[1] and will always play after SG[1]. Why would I cut in the line and download a save and play when I shouldn't? Why would anyone else?

Carolus

Leave a comment:

• Julius Brenzaida
    replied
    Well I had received the save and was ready to play it !
    Scouse Gits, I think you should post once again the lineup in the right order, it would help.
    Marko, you are right this is a good challenge. I like that too.
    And yes, we are the humans !

------------------
    Oh Man, when will you understand that your greatness lies in your failure - Goethe

Leave a comment:

• Scouse Gits
    replied
    I have the save -- and will play asap -- Marko Polo - if you too have the save DO NOT PLAY -- we are about to start the second round - Hueij having taken advantage of skrobism's miscue to start off the round -- I believe it is now my turn - and pass to Carolus...
    I post the save games from work - and am now off for Easter so there will be a slight delay before it goes up on the first post - Carolus if you send me your e-mail here at home git1@scousers.net - I shall send on the game asap and probptly lose the e-address

------------------
    Scouse Git[1] -- git1@scousers.net

"Staring at your screen in horror and disbelief when you open a saved game is one of the fun things of a succession game " - Hueij
    "The Great Library must be built!"
    "A short cut has to be challenging,
    were it not so it would be 'the way'."
    - Paul Craven

Leave a comment:

• Hueij
    replied
    quote:

-- however, full marks to Hueij for opportunism - if you (Hueij) now pass to me we can get the second round off with a slight reordering ...

I'm not sure what you mean by that... Anyway, I sent you the save right after I posted my log.

Leave a comment:

• Marko Polo
    replied
    Our OCC game has truly been a very difficult one so far. We have indeed been extremely unlucky as the AI is so poor at researching techs and trading with us. Then we have those #¤%$@ French guys out there declaring war to us in every turn.. even sneak-attacking us this early?!?

Wait, I'm seeing a vision right now.. the Japs conquers the poor Americans, then they join in alliance with the French. Moments later, they are advancing toward our puny cap from two fronts.. aargh, don't dare to look further.. time will tell what happens

I kinda like this situation, NOW this is a true challenge and our winning (even the OCC-part not to mention bloodlust) is far from sure. But after all, WE are the humans so we have the advantage..

Leave a comment:

• Daddy-O
    replied
    SG,
    re: reading et al.
    I guess I have egg on my face. First I took 25 mediocre turns, then I goofed up the order. I don't deserve to be part of the civ that is Apolyton.

Oh mighty Ming put me out of my misery, for I am truely the Village Idiot.

------------------
    "Bonjour, you cheese-eatin' surrender-monkeys."
    Grounds Keeper Willie, Greeting his substitute French class

Leave a comment:

• Carolus Rex
    replied
    We will overcome, for it is written...

Carolus

Leave a comment:

• East Street Trader
    replied
    We have some long term problems in this one.

The A1 are decidedly hostile and share our continent. With only four civs we can't cut back beaker count with the give away tactic and tech trading opportunities look to be limited. We are short on shields, two of our specials being fish.

But we have mighty camels

Leave a comment:

• Scouse Gits
    replied
    Post#1 now updated with AD 880 save -- awaiting 1280 from Hueij ...

------------------

"Staring at your screen in horror and disbelief when you open a saved game is one of the fun things of a succession game " - Hueij
    - Paul Craven

Leave a comment:

• Scouse Gits
    replied
    quote:

Originally posted by skrobism on 03-22-2001 12:02 PM
    SG,
    You should really work on that reading thing. Reading is SO important.

I knew my chance would come ELOL
    quote:

Originally posted by Scouse Git[1] on 04-06-2001 06:49 PM
    Post #1 updated with ad400 save - skrobism to bat then I believe 'tis I once more ...

If you look a couple of posts up you will see that as we cut EST and yourself back in at the end of the first round you should have passed to me in order to start the second round off -- however, full marks to Hueij for opportunism - if you (Hueij) now pass to me we can get the second round off with a slight reordering ...

Leave a comment:

• Hueij
    replied
    Trouble in Paradise, 880-1280.

880: Changed Tax to 0% and Science to 80%, discoveries from 12 to 8 turns!

1 - 900 iscovered Chemistry, disbanded 3 supported Archers to get production to 10 shields. Gave University to Americans, dumped all to French: cease fire, shared maps.

2 - 920: Cop's Obs, gave Chemistry to Americans.

3 - 940: Americans loose Boston to Japs. Hut 25 gold. Dumped all techs on Japanese, shared maps. Gave Horseback Riding to Americans.

4 - 960: Bank (WLTCD, no Sewer, no Harbor , Luxuries to 10 %). 25 gold from Americans.

5 - 980: End WLTCD.

6 - 1000: Theory of Gravity (next is Wheel for Engineering and Sanitation).

7 - 1020: Japanese start Sun Tzu (They'll be trouble, mark my words ).

8 - 1040: No news is good news, except that I depleted our coffers

9 - 1060: Well, what can I say...

10 - 1080: 25 gold from Americans, refuse to give Gravity to the French (we need that wonder!): war!

11 - 1100: Hut: Elephant, Barb leader 150 gold.

12 - 1120: Wheel, next is Engineering. Built University. 50 gold from Americans.

13 - 1140: Who said that every turn in Civ is exciting?

14 - 1160: Most powerfull: 1 Japanese, 2 French, 4 Americans, 5 Romans. Looks like there are only 4 other civs . Food Caravan.

15 - 1180: Americans discover Iron Working.

16 - 1200: Japanese break cease fire, chariot killed . Discovered Engineering, on to Sanitation. Food Caravan.

17 - 1220: French start Adam Smith so they have Economy (good to know, maybe we can trade for it when we need it).

18 - 1240: Coal to Washington: 206 gold. Food Caravan.

19 - 1260: Another exciting year during Hueij's reign...

20 - 1280: French attack Food Caravan in fortress. The brave little camel survived!! Discovered Sanitation, going for Invention. Food Caravan.

------

My strategy would be to build Shakes ASAP, then a Sewer, celebrate and build a Harbor the turn after celebration. This would take some cash tho, and I'm afraid I haven't left much of that

Leave a comment:

• Daddy-O
    replied
    The save is passed to Hueij and SG1.

I just noticed that I was to only play 20 turns. I beg your forgiveness.

------------------

Leave a comment:

• Daddy-O
    replied
    It's not much of a story but here is the history:
    1-400ad
    2-420ad
    3-440ad
    4-460ad while trying to get out of their way we lost a legion to the barbs outside of Washington
    5-480ad
    6-500ad horseback riding -> Map Making
    7-520ad
    8-540ad
    9-560ad
    10-580ad our chariot discovered a friendly horseman; Rome is the 4th happiest civ according to Herodotus
    11-600ad The Roman Polar Explorer/Legion unleashed barbs
    12-620ad Silk Caravan to New York 174 gold
    13-640ad The barbs were so terrified of our polar troops that they vanished across the tundra. (I never saw them.)
    14-660ad
    15-680ad Map Making -> University; Salt to New York 174 gold
    16-700ad
    17-720ad
    18-740ad
    19-760ad
    20-780ad Our horseman stumbled upon Paris. The French greet us by demanding 550 gold or face war. C'est pas bien gentil tout ca ! I refused to pay.
    21-800ad
    22-820ad We trade Philosophy for Sea Faring with the Americans
    23-840ad
    24-860ad
    25-880ad Copper to New York for 360 gold; Our polar exploration legion has made it around the world; Exchanged Maps with the Americans, they were not interested in anything else. We can probably start Cop's anytime. I was waiting to build up more caravans.

I will pass the save momentarily...

------------------

Leave a comment:

• Julius Brenzaida
    replied
    Great job EST and wonderful story.
    For the defense of Rome the settler was enough against the barbarians and I thought of using the diplomatic airlift. If one of your units is too close from the city of a civ you’re at peace with, you must after a few turns choose between war and withdrawing to the unit to the nearest city. If you choose the latter, your unit is instantanetely brough there. It could have been done with New York. But you played very well and I definitely don’t fear the Japanese. If by any chance they threaten us, we can always please them with some gift.
    Edit : I wanted to make this comment one week ago, but couldn’t post.

Leave a comment:

• Scouse Gits
    replied
    Post #1 updated with ad400 save - skrobism to bat then I believe 'tis I once more ...

------------------

- Paul Craven

Leave a comment:

Working...
X