• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crowatbitemedotcom
    replied
    Hello SG1 -

Thanks for remembering me!

I looked at some of those logs. That is quite an amazing feat. I'll have to see if I can come anywhere close to those dates, LOL!

Either type would be fine with me, but maybe I'll start with AC since I don't play bloodlust so often and wouldn't want my lack of warmaking skills to drag the game down. I'm a lover, not a fighter.

I'll check around to find that game, Prince level is fine with me, I can show off a bit then, right?

One thing though, I have MGE, is that compatible in a succession game with the other versions?

Crow

Leave a comment:

• Scouse Gits
    replied
    Hi crow - welcome back

Yes the biweekly OCCs are still going, but more like monthly now - a new Queen of OCC has arrisen in your absense - check out some of Ribannah's spectacular games - Have a look at the Great Library (top thread in Civ2-Strat) I think that too is new since I last spoke to you.

Do you just want in on a Succession Game or particularly on an OCC bloodlust? if the former I think there is one starting at the moment although it is proposed to be at Prince rather than Deity

See ya around

------------------
    Scouse Git[1] -- git1@scousers.net

"Staring at your screen in horror and disbelief when you open a saved game is one of the fun things of a succession game " - Hueij
    "The Great Library has been built!"
    "A short cut has to be challenging,
    were it not so it would be 'the way'."
    - Paul Craven

Leave a comment:

• crowatbitemedotcom
    replied
    Hey this sounds like fun! Can I get in on the next one?

I"ve been absent from here for a while, are the biweekly OCC games still going on?

Crow

Leave a comment:

• Scouse Gits
    replied
    Post 1 updated with round 3 info - I propose that when we start round 3 we drop the maximum number of turns to 10 each - we are getting close to launch and once we set out on the conquest phase 10 turns may prove far to many ...

------------------

"Staring at your screen in horror and disbelief when you open a saved game is one of the fun things of a succession game " - Hueij
    - Paul Craven

Leave a comment:

• Daddy-O
    replied
    I got the save on Sunday, well I check Sunday. I will try to play tonight, but if I have passed the time limit go ahead and play on. Don't let me hold this game up.

Leave a comment:

• East Street Trader
    replied
    My 20 turns were quite eventful, ending with a tasty freight delivery and news of a bloody battle on distant shores against the evil Japanese. I am saddened to report that bribery and corruption were rampant throughout my brief reign so we ended with a NONE engineer and the small task force of NONE units (legion and dragoons) which fought the battle of Shimonoseki and has currently occupied a Japanese fort. We have maxed out at size 26. We have a Power Plant with the tech for an offshore platform not too distant a prospect. We could do with another NONE engineer. Two lower value freights are on route to cities demanding their commodities. Advances are coming in each four turns. I did not make contact with the Indians.

1802 Freight (spice). Disband supported cannon (shields now 20).

1804 Bribed French engineer (none unit). Discover Atomic Theory. Electronics next.

1806 Freight (beads). Establish French embassy.

1810 Freight (food). Gift Metallurgy and Conscription to Japanese (they are grumpy).

1812 Discover Electronics. Leadership next. Rush freight. Taxes to 100%.

1814 Freight completed. Cash in all freights/caravans. French ask us to join war with Japanese. Agree. Exchange Polytheism for Conscription. Gift Magnetism. Exchange Maps.

1816 Darwin’s Voyage. Discover Leadership and Tactics. Refining next.

1818 Bribe barb legion.

1820 Freight (wine).

1824 Discover Refining. Machine Tools next. Building Power Plant. French build Eiffel Tower. Mountain now hills.

1826 Building Power Plant. Disband two supported engineers. Set luxuries to 20% to celebrate.

1832 Size 26. Luxuries to zero. Sell Sewer system. Bribe barb dragoons.

1834 Power Plant. Discover Machine Tools. Combustion next. Bribe barb dragoons. Sell aqueduct.

Our dragoons destroy corps of Japanese elephants and their supporting cannon in the battle of Shimonoseki, 1838. Fort occupied by dragoons and diplo.

1840 Freight (gold). Japanese elephant kills our entrenched dragoons [ ]. Japanese build Great Library. Spice freight arrives San Francisco (demanded) 384 gold. .

I had hoped to make progress towards contacting the long lost Indian tribe. An Indian city with a Wonder figures on the Find City list and is apparently located beyond the Japanese. But I made little progress towards sneaking through. In any event I suspect they will prove to be on another continent otherwise there would be more signs of their activities, whether visible directly or through the evil Japanese. A visit by ship to these mysterious folk might be called for.

My successor should watch the beakers for the next advance. We were exactly one quarter the way when the spice freight contributed a little over one eighth. I have made a rough adjustment which will bring in the advance in three turns without too much waste but a good micromanager could probably improve on my settings.

I will shortly send the save to skrobism and SG.

[This message has been edited by East Street Trader (edited May 09, 2001).]

Leave a comment:

• Scouse Gits
    replied
    Post #1 now updated with four new save games - I am just about getting my act together after Easter -- however, entering marking hell so there may be more delays at my end - sorry guys ...

------------------

- Paul Craven

Leave a comment:

• East Street Trader
    replied
    Marko

I am a dozzy bugger sometimes. I'll await the save.

EST

Leave a comment:

• Marko Polo
    replied
    Game sent to EST & SG[1].

Leave a comment:

• Marko Polo
    replied
    East Street Trader

Please don't play the 880AD situation as we are currently at 1800AD! I'll resend the correct save game in a few hours.

Leave a comment:

• East Street Trader
    replied
    Marko

I got your e-mail but no attachment.

But I've realised the save must be the one in post 1 described as AD880 so I'll play my turns from that and try to send it on to skrobism and to SG(1) to-morrow (but it might be Monday morning as I'm ordinarily off line over the week-end).

We are being a bit slow, by the best standards, I suppose but granted the underlying problems things seem to have picked up since I last played. I will do my best to keep that going.

Leave a comment:

• Marko Polo
    replied
    East Street Trader, according to post 1 you are the next.. did you receive the save game?

Leave a comment:

• Marko Polo
    replied
    I have got a new computer and am having problems setting up Win98 SE properly. Now it seem to work and I try to play my turns tonight!

Leave a comment:

• Marko Polo
    replied
    1752: Food
    1754: Industrialization
    1756: Stock exchange
    1758:
    1760: Magnetism, Factory, spice (224g) + beads(75g) to Rheims
    1762: Railroad to Americans, 50g
    1764: Diplo
    1766: Metallurgy
    1768: Diplo, Industrialization to Americans
    1770:
    1770: Electricity, Engineer
    1772:
    1774: Engineer
    1776: Navigation to Americans, 50g, contact French, Japan, they demand gold -->war
    1778: Conscription, diplo
    1780:
    1782: Caravan
    1784: Refridgeration
    1786: Caravan
    1788: Barb leader
    1790: Steel, trade for chivaldry(Am), 50g
    1792: Railroad-->French, Japan, Physics-->Am, 50g
    1794: Supermarket, WLTPD begins
    1796: S21, 50g(h)
    1798: S22, Corporation
    1800: S23, Food, Gunpowder-->Am, 50g

We are now researching Atomic theory. Too bad we haven't found Indians yet. They are (probably) the weakest and dumping techs to them would lower the sciense cost. They must be somewhere in the southern sea where we don't have access .

[This message has been edited by Marko Polo (edited April 22, 2001).]
    [This message has been edited by Marko Polo (edited April 22, 2001).]

Leave a comment:

• Carolus Rex
    replied
    quote:

Originally posted by East Street Trader on 04-18-2001 06:57 AM
    Well played, Carolus.

Thanks!

quote:

Nice to see that your Majsty's legendary skill in horsemanship is as strong as ever!!

Aye, but it was a close call! One single thin red line left of the horse... Fortunately, he recouped in Rome thanks to sweet honey and oat.

Carolus

Leave a comment:

Working...
X