Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the difference between ToT and MPE?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mark13
    replied
    BTW, you can change the interface in ToT to match that of the original Civ. I will agree with you about the landscape though - yuck!

Leave a comment:

• Dissident Aggressor
    Guest replied
    yeah too much like smac, too many dark colors

Leave a comment:

• zyxpsilon
    replied
    Different?
    Hummm, let's see!
    Multiple levels on new (*.bmp) graphics for Tot.
    Civ2 "traditional" interface for MGE (MPE)... but much >>faster<< AI's, human interactivity protocols and E-d-i-t-o-r-s for scenario builders, Gigamaps power.
    It adds up to one thing though; customization by diversity if you happen to own both.

Leave a comment:

• BeBMan
    replied
    MPE is an enhanced civ2 FW with multiplayer option, a more aggressive AI and some minor changes (like more eventsspace for scenarios).

ToT has also multiplayer support, the same (?) AI but also some really new features as multimaps (you can play one game on different maps=worlds), it comes with the original game (like civ2), an enhancenced original game (you can continue on Alpha Centauri), a Fantasy and a SciFi game.
    ToT has in my eyes also the ugliest terrain and background graphics of all civ games (but you can look for some replacements on the net)

ToT has much better scenario options (more eventsspace, new events values etc...), but unfortunately not the scn editors known from FW

------------------
    Civ2000

Leave a comment:

• kent-jo
    started a topic What is the difference between ToT and MPE?

Working...
X