Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• StuporMan
    replied
    Well this is looking promising! I will go ahead and get a starting position and post it in a new thread. If someone could please help me with posting images on the forum. The best I have ever been able to do is post one as an attachment, I would prefer to have the image appear in the message body. Unfortunately I do not have an internet hosting service, so I do not know if this will be possible. I suppose I could just post the save file. If I have not received any comments on this by tomorrow I will go ahead and post the save file.

Leave a comment:

• rjmatsleepers
    replied
    Originally posted by atawa
    Is 4 enough to start?

Although with the proposed rules this is almost going to be mission imposible it would be fun to try it out
    Wow - up to 5 now

This is probably enough to start a game of some sort, although more would be better.

Tentatively we have StuporMan as leader; myself as city planner (although I'm quite happy to pass that role to atawa); Zedd as lord high everything else and various people playing the citizens.

How about the following timescale?

From now until the summer solstice for discussion of strategy, etc. Our noble leader to play as soon as he can on or after the 22nd June. Perhaps a second turn set before the end of the month.

RJM at Sleeper's

Leave a comment:

• atawa
    replied
    Is 4 enough to start?

Although with the proposed rules this is almost going to be mission imposible it would be fun to try it out

Leave a comment:

• StuporMan
    replied
    I am afraid I must agree. It seems like our beloved Civ2 is slowly fading into total obscurity.

I am afraid that once Civ4 is released that posting on the civ2 forums will disappear entirely. It really makes me sad to see such a wonderful game and community fall into such a state. I hope we can get a few Civ 4 players to give Civ 2 a try. Barring that, I am afraid there may be no way to breath new life into Civ2.

If someone wants to begin this as a "best ball" game I will be willing to participate, but I do not think 3 is good enough for a Democracy Game.

StuporMan

Leave a comment:

• rjmatsleepers
    replied
    Well, unless a few more people appear in the next day or two, then I fear the answer is that not enough people are interested to make a democracy game viable.

You could raise the possibility of a "better ball" game with these restrictions, but given the languid state of OCC2, I suspect even this would be hard going.

RJM at Sleeper's

Leave a comment:

• StuporMan
    started a poll Shall We Begin?

Shall We Begin?

Yes! no guts, no glory.
    75.00%
    Lets start, but lets reconsider the rules.
    0.00%
    No, I think I've had enough.
    0.00%
    Instead, lets play spin the banana!
    25.00%

The poll is expired.

By request from rjmatsleepers and Hydey, I am seeking to determine how many are interested in beginning a new game with the following rules:

- 0% science
    - No Monarchy
    - No Democracy
    - No wonders
    - No dips/spies
    - No huts
    - First random start
    - Spotless Rep

Should there be enough brave souls vote to undertake this Democracy Game then we can begin the nomination/election process.

StuporMan
Working...
X