Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Take reps from each section, and do them one at a time.

They should have done something to be worthy of hearing from, and they all don't have to be super long.

For example, there are a lot of civ-3 mod makers, talk to one of them.
    I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
    i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

A civ 3 modmaker is next on the list. He's also a SMAC player at the same time.

Length... not defined by me, generally. Some people, like Dan, just love to talk .

What is worthy to do, in your definition? Is helping make mods and helping the whole CtP community enough?
      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Originally posted by Ming

Bods also ran his OWN CIV SITE
        I thought this was common knowledge.

Apparently not.
        If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
          I can go to my beloved CtP section and ask people if they know of Laz, AH, you - probably not.
          Try it. There are a lot of names I recognise there. Incidentally, the CTP boards are looking a bit moribund these days, aren't they?
          The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

You recognize? Or they recognize you? You surely know Immortal Wombat, Martin Guehman and Blackice, but what about, say, Elrond .
            Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
            I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

On the CTP 2 forums I can consistently name 1 in 3. On looking at the first pages of the CTP 1 forums, the figure is lower but then some of those threads have been here longer than I have.
              The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Originally posted by Rasbelin
                I actually recently saw Ming's submission to a HoF for Civ II on Deity level. The submission was from 1998.

There's indeed sites left from 1996 and 1997 (= no updates since that), but only a few of them are "working" in the sense of DMOZ's principles for sites that warrant to be listed. The oldest ones have pages missing and file downloads are also removed. The largest problem is that ~30 Civ sites have been wiped out because of GeoCities's new policy for neighbourhood addresses and the fact that several sites were lost when Crosswinds had a power cut (or was it a fire, anyway). Not to mention that Xoom is out of business, because NBCi bought them.

Maybe the wayback machine could help? You do need to know the original http:// link to get it to work though.

So who's next for an interview?
                Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

I've occasionally wondered how different things would have been if Bod's kept up his site and Mark turned into a troll junkie.
                  One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

A strange parallel universe. Also where green is red and red is green
                    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Rasbelin

And you should know too what spam is.
                      That's rich - do you really want to start our sniping off again???

I thought not, so butt out.
                      (+1)

Comment

Solver- how can you forget Blake?

He posted in AC-Fiction once a long time ago... Although I don't think that's what Rasbelin's referring to

...Probably some MP game ....
                        -->Visit CGN!
                        -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Oh Solver, I bet they know AH- He drops by from time to time (or did) to insult them

-
                          CTP-

Although strangely enough, I have the 2nd or 3rd post in the CTP II-MP section (My ONLY CTP post)
                          -->Visit CGN!
                          -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Originally posted by Taz

That's rich - do you really want to start our sniping off again???
                            Just check how much you have been sniping in other threads before you start complaining about me and sniping. I hope that's the last post I see you arguing about that. There's really no valid point to continue with that arguement.
                            "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Originally posted by DarkCloud
                              Solver- how can you forget Blake?

He posted in AC-Fiction once a long time ago... Although I don't think that's what Rasbelin's referring to

...Probably some MP game ....
                              Cheers, DarkCloud!

You at least know who Blake is and seem to know what I referred to.

Anyway, interviews with game developers of projects like Candle'Bre, Clash, FreeCiv, Stella and other smaller Civ games (check the Alt.Civ forum) could be interesting. I don't mean that I want to be interviewed, but just in general that might be something different and interesting.
                              "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

BTW, you made one mistake. It's not just a MP game.

Comment

Working...
                                X