Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Sid will save the world (or a genre) – Apoc tells what Sid's next game could be

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thaks for all the research apoc. Excelent job.
    If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

You're welcome. I'm just doing what comes naturally to me. I might have a web site for this up soon.
      "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
      "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
      "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
      "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

No real news. I posted my findings on a couple newsgroups a few days ago. At first people just commented. Today someone posted an vague idea of how this game could work.
        > Settlers was tedious and boring and 'cute' and full of bolloxy
        > management crap. X-Com should not be any of those things.

Hi,

The whole idea of Settlers was exactly that, 2 to 4 groups competing for
        resources in a small area. It often takes 30 minutes playing to secure your
        borders and another 2 to 3 hours playing to gather the materials and raise
        an army. The graphics look cute because they are so small. The "bolloxy
        management crap" is the game i.e. can you do it better than the A.I. can ?

X-COM has it's main game play in tactical combat, between 2 groups. The
        management of resources does not have a "graphical" element. The numbers of
        things to be bought, sold, researched and built are handled numerically. So
        maybe that is where they might add a few graphics of scientists and
        engineers. That would not be so bad, would it ?

I would also like to see the transport ships that move people and supplies
        on the geoscape. That would provide some new scenarios where you would need
        to protect them from UFO attack. It would make a change for the aliens to be
        attacking a crash site ?

I can't imagine that they would produce a "settlers" game with sci-fi style
        graphics and call it X-COM, but you never know.

Cheers Doug.
        "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Originally posted by Apocalypse
          Solver, you do seem to know more about what is going on than most. I am reading between the lines. Jeff didn't deny it but we already know that they went after the license. I know he can't say anything of substance because of an NDA.
          NDA on what? That Firaxis bought a license to the <em>XCOM</em> franchise?
          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Well they didn't buy the license. There was just talk about it. These people have to sign NDAs on projects anyway. BHG people couldn't say anything about RoN for quite a while.

Comment

NDA = non-disclosure agreement.
              "I'm so happy I could go and drive a car crash!"
              "What do you mean do I rape strippers too? Is that an insult?"
              - Pekka

Comment

I think he knows what an NDA. Apparently an NDA covers the NetImmerse engine too, since people refused to comment on it at all in the chat.

Comment

Working...
                X