Server problem(forums)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server problem(forums)

Well, like everyone else, I went through the sllllooooow period at the end of december, and it has gotten faster. But now threads won't load in the forum using Opera. They did load properly before. Now it gets like 16-18% of the document and stops. I'm having to use IE or netscape to read and reply and that's annoying.

Any other Opera users having this problem? I'm pretty sure its a compatibility issue since it worked before and I didn't change any settings.

Yup, I have this problem with Opera too.

Comment

Questions:

1) Did you upgrade to a new version of Opera recently? If so, did you first notice this problem after you had completed the upgrade? If yes to this, then try downgrading to a previous version.

2) If the circumstance of Question #1 does not apply to your case or you already tried this and still no resolution to the problem, did this difficulty begin before or after Apolyton's temporary server move (effective last Friday, January 4th, ~11:30AM EST)?

-----------------
      Dan; Apolyton CS
      PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
      >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Questions:

1. What is Opera?

2. Is it in any way connected to Oprah?

3. Is it like mozilla?

4. What do those things do?

5. Why is it I'm the only one who's never ill for longer than 2 or 3 days?

Comment

I used to have this 'cutting off' problem with one of the older versions of Netscape on one of the computers in the department. I didn't worry about it, as the computer and browser are **** anyway and I never have that problem with IE.
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by DanQ
            1) Did you upgrade to a new version of Opera recently?
            I installed the new version recently, yes.

If so, did you first notice this problem after you had completed the upgrade?

I don't remember, but I think it worked, because I tested most of my bookmarks from IE on Opera.

If yes to this, then try downgrading to a previous version.

N/m, I'll use IE for Poly, it's not a big deal to me

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthelion
              1. What is Opera?
              It's a browser: www.opera.com

2. Is it in any way connected to Oprah?

Nope

3. Is it like mozilla?

Dunno, never used Mozilla.

4. What do those things do?

Which things, the browsers? You view Internet pages with them, right?

5. Why is it I'm the only one who's never ill for longer than 2 or 3 days?
              Dunno, I'm hardly ill for longer than one or two days myself , but maybe you have a good metabolism

Comment

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by DanQ
                  Questions:

1) Did you upgrade to a new version of Opera recently? If so, did you first notice this problem after you had completed the upgrade? If yes to this, then try downgrading to a previous version.

-----------------
                  Dan; Apolyton CS
                  Well, actually, the old version of opera(before the current one) and the newest version both have the problem. I didn't upgrade but I switched computers and had to install it on the new one so I got the new version.

I don't remember, but I do think the problem arose after the server move. It arose after that week or so in late december where the site loaded really slowly ended. I know it was after the announcements came up about server changes.

Comment

Just to say that I have problems posting messages using Mozilla, which I never had before the server move.
                    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

As far as I am aware everything is configured at our temporary accomodations as it was on the GS server. Since more than one of you have reported that this was not a problem before the server move, it is pointing more and more to not simply being a coincidence (although it would very well be "one of those things").

Nonetheless, Markos and I will do some digging and get back to you all on this as soon as possible. In the meantime, all I can recommend is to use Navigator/Communicator or IE to post.

-----------------
                      Dan; Apolyton CS
                      PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
                      >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Working...
                      X