X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skanky Burns
    replied
    Nah, just close. If they delete it, you lose all the +1s you got from this thread.

Leave a comment:

• child of Thor
    replied

Swift work guys and thanks very much for helping with this.
    Yippie i can download again

EDIT: oh yeah please feel free to delete this thread
    Last edited by child of Thor; May 14, 2003, 16:51.

Leave a comment:

• MarkG
    replied
    It has turned out that users that don't use the auto-login option will not be allowed to see attachments.
    fixed

Leave a comment:

• Gramphos
    replied
    Well. You must have done something wrong when changing that. It has turned out that users that don't use the auto-login option will not be allowed to see attachments.

Leave a comment:

• Gramphos
    replied
    Originally posted by child of Thor
    (was that what you meant Gramphos?)
    Yes.

Leave a comment:

• Gramphos
    replied
    Originally posted by MarkG
    yuo can still download files as a guest
    nope (for forum attachments)
    When did you change that. Last time I tried it worked. Guess I need to log out more often

Leave a comment:

• child of Thor
    replied
    Thanks for the pointers Urban Ranger, and to others who have offered advice.I followed what you and the site(microsoft) suggested and it still doesn't work - i guess it is a new IE/98 compatability issue(probably to do with recent updates and to force 98 users to upgrade!). The pc's i use are at work and seem to have been updated. I've noticed another glitch and that is i no longer see all the graphic attatchments that i used to be able to(was that what you meant Gramphos?), there is a thread here on the issue so i'll have a look at that.

Leave a comment:

• MarkG
    replied
    yuo can still download files as a guest
    nope (for forum attachments)

Leave a comment:

• Gramphos
    replied
    Have you tried to do it logged out?

(IIRC yuo can still download files as a guest)

Leave a comment:

• Urban Ranger
    replied
    Originally posted by child of Thor
    @ ixnay, yeah i've tried from 4 different computers, all simular setups(IE and Win98) and three of the four are in different locations with different internet connection.
    Try this:

1. Clear out all the cookies
    2. Clear out all the temporary Internet files
    3. Follow the instructions on this webpage
    Last edited by Urban Ranger; May 13, 2003, 00:59.

Leave a comment:

• child of Thor
    replied
    @ ixnay, yeah i've tried from 4 different computers, all simular setups(IE and Win98) and three of the four are in different locations with different internet connection.

Leave a comment:

• ixnay
    replied
    If it's taking you to the "you aren't allowed to access this" page, then it definitely sounds like vbulletin is having problems recognizing your user permissions.

Have you tried doing this on another computer to make sure it's not your computer doing this?

Leave a comment:

• child of Thor
    replied
    I'm running IE 6.0 on windows98se, and i can see the description of the file e.g. 'hoplite.zip' which is the link to the file. Normally when i click on it i would get the normal download file promts, but now i get the message at the top which is an Apolyton message.

Leave a comment:

• Gramphos
    replied
    do you see attached images?

Leave a comment:

• MarkG
    replied
    it's not an isp issue, it's a browser issue
    what's your browser and operating system?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X