No announcement yet.

Coup Attempt - ALL secretaries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And Yes I do disapprove of your plan (it doesn't deserve the adjective, Grand).

But we do need able officers and administrators in the Hive and you have shown a ruthless, objectionable, demented streak, managerial potential if properly trained.
    On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

-Enigma Resigns-
      Last edited by Enigma_Nova; December 17, 2003, 11:58.

Comment

To be fair, Enigma has done great role play. Yes he may be blunt, but he is brave. To present his idea in front of all others and actually persue it. This is a courage that deserves commenting.

What cannot and will not be accepted by others, dear Enigma, is the idea of believing yourself superior than others. This idea will not fly, either in roleplaying of a demo game, or in the real world. If you want to be a leader, you need to know how to unite people around you, not how to drive them against you. This may be a nice challenge for you. Yes one against everybody is such a man ego boosting game. However if your real goal is to become a successful leader and gets your "solution" implemented, to present oneself as the enemy of everybody else is counter productive for you.

To become a successful leader is actually harder than you may have imagined. If you are really intelligent and brave, then you should be able to take up with this challenge. Don't just take the easy way. Yes fight is much more easier than try to unite people. It's easy to fight and say "I'm a lonely hero against the world" when you fail and blame the world for your failure and self destruction.

So now I challenge you. Instead of trying to become the most arrogant tyrant, can you become a successful leader who could actually use you intelligence to make this world better and this game richer? Are you man enough to take up this challenge? If you can't, remember no matter how many and how big the bombs those anti-society "heroes" set up, they have always been stepped upon by the history and thrown in the trash of time. If you are going to take up the challenge however, you will at least win my support.
        Last edited by Snowflake; December 16, 2003, 15:57.
        Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

-Enigma Resigns-
          Last edited by Enigma_Nova; December 17, 2003, 12:52.

Comment

So is that a Yes or a No.

Or it wouldn't be an echo out of Crime and Punishment or the Brothers Karamazov perchance. Or is it someone else. Nietzche ?

Whatever as it says in your own signature,

the best I can do is break even

Comment

-Enigma Resigns-
              Last edited by Enigma_Nova; December 17, 2003, 11:58.

Comment

-Enigma Resigns-
                Last edited by Enigma_Nova; December 17, 2003, 11:57.

Comment

Maybe we are all wolves here. But even wolf packs have leaders and can cooperate.

However beware of the female wolf spider

Comment

-Enigma Resigns-
                    Last edited by Enigma_Nova; December 17, 2003, 11:54.

Comment

Enough of this , on with the game.

Submit your proposals re the next 7/10 turns

Comment

Dear Enigma, your intellect is valued. You thinking and your action has brought changes to this world. However being a thinker is different from being a leader. A thinker presents ideas and solutions, and may or may not have the power to get them implemented. But that is not a thinker's duty. A leader has the control. He has the power to choose and implement an idea. However to maintain his leadership he must try pursuding people to accept his vision.

If you really are a thinker, you don't have to force yourself to change and in doing so resulting hating yourself. Hate is counter constructive. It'll even suffocate creativity, which a thinker values. A thinker influences the world by presenting his ideas, as you already did, and I'm sure you'll continue to do.

However you also appear to have some of the "people intellect" that a leader needs. The fact that you know HongHu will "interfere" with your "grand plan" is a proof to me that you have a good understanding of people. So if you like (note: not hate) to be a "wolf in shepard's clothing", I say you have a chance. Just remember don't say: "Bow to me, you mortal, please me." Instead, say "Here's my ideas, Comrades, please do tell if you have any disagreements." You'll be well on your way.
                        Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

yada yada.
                          Last edited by Maniac; January 18, 2004, 15:31.
                          Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                          Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Dear General Secretary Maniac, Comrade Enigma has already tried to pursue a new approach. Everybody has his own personality. We should not expect one to change one's personality, certainly not over night. Right now as the leader of the Hive I believe you should encourage him and try to help him with his new approach. Let the old disagreements and arguments die and be buried.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Thought you might be interested in these anagrams of Enigma _Nova

Angina Move (to give heart attacks)

*agina Omen ( maybe Enigma is Avenging female, despite profile name - Aki Zeta image)

Venom Again ( poisons and stings)

Choose your pick

Comment

Working...
                              X