Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drogue
    replied
    You mean general secretary? I think there needs to be someway to remove them (revolution ) Maybe changing SE government structure as you suggested. Also, bear in mind that most people who started the last one didn't finish, including both candidates for the first Commissioner. That shows that whoever starts as General Secretary may leave at some point, and need replacing.

Leave a comment:

• MrWhereItsAt
    replied
    Any thoughts on this...?

Leave a comment:

• MrWhereItsAt
    replied
    I hope we're going to vote on all of these except maybe the Party Sec every now and again.

We could also have a game trigger that ousts the Party Sec and has an election to determine the new one (the old one can stand again), so we don't need to have any ill feelings for refreshing the office. This trigger could be a change in SE for example, so the Party Sec election would be a side-effect of a beneficial (and necessary) SE change as opposed to something that might offend the Party Sec of the time. This way we know there will be some times that the Party Sec will be in trouble (RP perspective), and the RP of the ousting and the election could be magnificent! Otherwise ousting the Sec would be on someone's initiative and could cause hurt feelings - this way even the incumbent could get into the RP with no ill feeling, as they knew they would face re-election!

Leave a comment:

• Octavian X
    replied
    Another YES vote. This form of government is truly glourious, comrades!

Leave a comment:

• HongHu
    replied
    Thirteen.

Leave a comment:

• Phenix
    replied
    All right, that equals 12 yes and 1 banana

Leave a comment:

• Nubclear
    replied
    Oh, and -1 to NO and +1 to Yes

Leave a comment:

• Mr. President
    replied
    This sounds fun to me.

Leave a comment:

• Nubclear
    replied
    I agree. That would be pretty fun.

Leave a comment:

• GeneralTacticus
    replied
    Keep it informal - it might be fun to have different newspapers competing to be recognised as the official vocie of the Party, and having them periodically shut down for backing the wrong horse...

Leave a comment:

• Maniac
    replied
    I was thinking of proposing to call the newspaper editor "Secretary for Ideology" or "Chairman of the Ideological/Propaganda Department". Other possibilities are "Chairman or Director of the Main Administration for Safeguarding State Secrets in the Press" (Glavnoe upravlenie po okhrane gosudarstvennykh tain v pechati-- Glavlit), Director of the Telegraph Agency of the Soviet Union (Telegrafnoe agentstvo Sovetskogo Soiuza--TASS ) or Director of the News Press Agency (Agentstvo pechati novosti--Novosti). If my information is correct, those are all real organizations.

Question is, should the position of newspaper editor be included in the constitution, or should I rather be kept informal?

Leave a comment:

• Nubclear
    replied
    I'll only change my vote to yes if you make a "Department of Propaganda".

I love Propaganda

Leave a comment:

• Maniac
    replied
    I would start out with few government positions, but if there's higher than expected interest in the new game, we could always later split up certain positions, eg KGB Chairman.

Leave a comment:

• Nubclear
    replied
    I voted no, because we need a ton more government positions. I'm thinking somewhere between 20-30.

Leave a comment:

• Vander
    replied
    It also looks like at least one person was drawn into the sexy dance of the banana...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X