No announcement yet.

Gufnork's Rumble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I do not agree with HongHu's suggestion on how we are to deal with the effects of sunspot activity. I've sent you all an e-mail several hours ago detailing my view on the matter. I suggest we sort this out before we continue.

The 'diplomatic e-mails' I've recieved after Gufnork's notification of the sunspots remain unread until the issue is settled. FYI.

Comment

• Well I think that's fair if we all agree to do so. Is this how sunspot activity is normally handled in pbems?
      Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

• I have not yet checked my email, so I don't know what Rubin has written, but after giving the matter some thought, I too think that HongHu is mistaken. I'm a rookie at PBEM games, but I can think of all sorts of mischief I could do via email that would not require in-game communication.

I would, however, suggest that if units are adjacent to one another, communication should be possible.

Now let's see what Rubin had to say.

I have no objection to the Rubin-rule, which would prohibit all communication. I do, however, think it logical to decide that units adjacent to a foreign base or foreign unit would to be able to communicate. I would be delighted to play either way.
        Last edited by Chip_Buckner; September 16, 2003, 18:54.

Comment

• M.Y. 2159 Complete

*Public Announcement, M.Y. 2159*
          Sunspot activity has disrupted all communications! Diplomatic commlinks may be disabled for up to 20 years! Spy reports from enemy factions may also be spotty.

Turn passed to Lord Chip of the Gaians.

Comment

• If it is sunspot activity, it means all communication is interrupted. So it doesn't matter if two units is close to each other. All communication is not allowed.
            Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

• Turn 2160 to HongHu.

Comment

• Turn sent to univ

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

• Turn to Rubinites.

Edit: Realized it might be considered communication.

Comment

• M.Y. 2160 Complete

*Sunspot Activity*

Turn 2161 passed to the Gaians.

Comment

• Gentlemen:

Thursday is choir rehearsal, which means I won't get home until late. HongHu shouldn't look for the turn about 10:00 CDT.

If you can turn it around VERY quickly, I can play again Friday morning, but I will leave for a Boy Scout overnight. (I'm an Assistant Scoutmaster.) I will be gone Friday and Saturday evenings and not get back to a computer until Sunday afternoon, which will be Sunday evening for the Europeans.

Turn to HongHu.
                      Last edited by Chip_Buckner; September 17, 2003, 18:59.

Comment

• Turn sent to univ

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

• I have a Complex Mathematics lecture at 8 am tomorrow morning and I always do my turns when I wake up, so expect the turn early.

Turn to Rubinites

Comment

• M.Y. 2161 Complete

*Sunspot Activity*

Turn passed to Lord Chip.

Comment

• Turn to HongHu

Comment

• Sorry forgot to post. Turn already sent to univ

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Working...
                                X