Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flare
    replied
    CEO Aaron, those are ideas that I had not really consitered. ~grins~ At this time, I will decline to try the switching factions play. I will give the others ideas a shot. I guess I was also wondering about how to change the factions around so they are more... "pacifisitic"... Ned had mentioned something like that. Also changing the ratings for Fundy, FM, & power to help the AI. ~sighs~ I had all that stuff printed out & then I did some housecleaning... ~gives a pitiful look~ Stupid move.

Leave a comment:

• CEO Aaron
    replied
    Pick a faction to play for 100 turns, then pick the lowest ranked faction and switch to it, using the scenario editor. Rinse repeat after another 50 years. This way you have at least 2 robust factions rolling around and you don't have the advantage of any early game wonders. I have yet to win such a scenario, my first AI faction pretty routinely rolls pretty much with impunity.

If that's a little too insane for you, try merely opening up the scenario editor, and seeding each AI starting location with a forest or 3. Or give each opposing AI faction Centauri Ecology at the outset of the game, I can't tell you how many lame duck factions I see rolling around at year 150, and still don't have it.

Perhaps if you feel like making custom factions, crank each AI faction's support allowance by 2, and give them Centauri Ecology as a starting tech. This will help prevent the AI from building themselves out of support.

Leave a comment:

• Flare
    started a topic How to assist the poor AI

How to assist the poor AI

Yes, I know this has been gone over a dozen times or more, but it can stand to be reviewed again. I have seen the treads on Ned style improvements, AI tweaking, ect. However, I have been unable to find those treads. ~Shrugs~ Perhaps I just missed them, but I decided to post anyway. So, what have you done to improve the AI's performance & make it more challenging? Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Kevin
Working...
X