No announcement yet.

Victory Style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think I have ever done economic.

How do you prevent those energy reserve crashes? that is really annoying. I don't think I've ever gotten over 40,000 energy credits accumulated.

Comment

You can turn off random events, but this is for weaklings.
      SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
      The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by obstructor
        You can turn off random events, but this is for weaklings.
        The problem with those "random" events is that they are not so random. Some have posted the scripts the game uses to determine which events happen, and if you are doing well and are ahead of your opponents the bad things happen to you. It feels like being punished for being successful...not my idea of a good time.

oh, and I prefer Transcend, but I most often do Diplomatic because end a game I am becoming bored with (most of them).
        Last edited by livid imp; April 26, 2004, 12:53.
        "They’re lazy troublemakers, and they all carry weapons." - SMAC Manual, Page 59 Regarding Drones
        "Without music, life would be a mistake." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
        "If fascism came to America it would be on a program of Americanism." -- Huey Long
        "Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to greater danger. It works the same in any country." -- Hermann Goering

Comment

just finished with the progenitor victory. Still not as satisfying as a transcendence victory.

transcendence is just so cool.

but I have a question about the plot. even without the subspace communicator thingy- wouldn't the aliens eventually come back to figure out what happened to the ships the sent out? And if a human faction achieved transcendence, but the aliens came back and for some reason wiped out all the life on Planet, transcendence wouldn't be much of a victory now would it . I'm not sure I like that part of the plot. the alien threat will continue to loom for the humans, no matter what.

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
            ....the alien threat will continue to loom for the humans, no matter what.
            **sniff** **sniff** is that a opening for a sequel I smell?
            "They’re lazy troublemakers, and they all carry weapons." - SMAC Manual, Page 59 Regarding Drones
            "Without music, life would be a mistake." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
            "If fascism came to America it would be on a program of Americanism." -- Huey Long
            "Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to greater danger. It works the same in any country." -- Hermann Goering

Comment

I think that the Aliens are from another dimension (the opening from Alien Crossfire) so they need the Subspace Generator to show to their race "where" they are, otherwise their race dont know how to befing the search? So the Subspace opens a new portal, just like that we see in that video from the beginning of the game? I´m I´m not sure, just wondering here

Comment

Transcendence because I'm pacific.
                Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Are you in Pacific ocean ?( sorry, I couldn`t help myself).
                  SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
                  The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Cosmic
                    I think that the Aliens are from another dimension (the opening from Alien Crossfire) so they need the Subspace Generator to show to their race "where" they are, otherwise their race dont know how to befing the search? So the Subspace opens a new portal, just like that we see in that video from the beginning of the game? I´m I´m not sure, just wondering here
                    Well, the SMAX factions intro on the firaxis site placed the progenitors somewhere in the direction of the 'big dipper' constellation. Ursae Majoris for the space-fans around.
                    He who knows others is wise.
                    He who knows himself is enlightened.
                    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

For my factions [Gaians, Morgon, University, or Pirates], its always via transcendence or conquest. As another put it, play by conquest, win by transcendence!

Comment

Originally posted by obstructor
                        Are you in Pacific ocean ?( sorry, I couldn`t help myself).
                        Ok so what is that word again? It's not like I was born a Britain or anything like that.
                        Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Honghu leans towards being a pacifist. Also know as pacifism when termed as an ideology.

Comment

And born in Britain or born British.
                            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Working...
                                X