Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• livid imp
    replied
    No way, diplomatic is by far the easiest. Just bribe them with tech to vote for you. I use diplomatic when I get tried of a game and want to end it in one turn.

Leave a comment:

• Commy
    replied
    Probably by far the easiest way to win, and my personal favorite, is economic. All you have to do is stockpile cash. Free market, and the planet is yours.

Leave a comment:

• Skanky Burns
    replied

Leave a comment:

• HongHu
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Skanky Burns
    replied
    And born in Britain or born British.

Leave a comment:

• Kody
    replied
    Honghu leans towards being a pacifist. Also know as pacifism when termed as an ideology.

Leave a comment:

• HongHu
    replied
    Originally posted by obstructor
    Are you in Pacific ocean ?( sorry, I couldn`t help myself).
    Ok so what is that word again? It's not like I was born a Britain or anything like that.

Leave a comment:

• MOHobbes
    replied
    For my factions [Gaians, Morgon, University, or Pirates], its always via transcendence or conquest. As another put it, play by conquest, win by transcendence!

Leave a comment:

• GeoModder
    replied
    Originally posted by Cosmic
    I think that the Aliens are from another dimension (the opening from Alien Crossfire) so they need the Subspace Generator to show to their race "where" they are, otherwise their race dont know how to befing the search? So the Subspace opens a new portal, just like that we see in that video from the beginning of the game? Im Im not sure, just wondering here
    Well, the SMAX factions intro on the firaxis site placed the progenitors somewhere in the direction of the 'big dipper' constellation. Ursae Majoris for the space-fans around.

Leave a comment:

• obstructor
    replied
    Are you in Pacific ocean ?( sorry, I couldn`t help myself).

Leave a comment:

• HongHu
    replied
    Transcendence because I'm pacific.

Leave a comment:

• Cosmic
    replied
    I think that the Aliens are from another dimension (the opening from Alien Crossfire) so they need the Subspace Generator to show to their race "where" they are, otherwise their race dont know how to befing the search? So the Subspace opens a new portal, just like that we see in that video from the beginning of the game? Im Im not sure, just wondering here

Leave a comment:

• livid imp
    replied
    Originally posted by Dissident
    ....the alien threat will continue to loom for the humans, no matter what.
    **sniff** **sniff** is that a opening for a sequel I smell?

Leave a comment:

• Dis
    replied
    just finished with the progenitor victory. Still not as satisfying as a transcendence victory.

transcendence is just so cool.

but I have a question about the plot. even without the subspace communicator thingy- wouldn't the aliens eventually come back to figure out what happened to the ships the sent out? And if a human faction achieved transcendence, but the aliens came back and for some reason wiped out all the life on Planet, transcendence wouldn't be much of a victory now would it . I'm not sure I like that part of the plot. the alien threat will continue to loom for the humans, no matter what.

Leave a comment:

• livid imp
    replied
    Originally posted by obstructor
    You can turn off random events, but this is for weaklings.
    The problem with those "random" events is that they are not so random. Some have posted the scripts the game uses to determine which events happen, and if you are doing well and are ahead of your opponents the bad things happen to you. It feels like being punished for being successful...not my idea of a good time.

oh, and I prefer Transcend, but I most often do Diplomatic because end a game I am becoming bored with (most of them).
    Last edited by livid imp; April 26, 2004, 12:53.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X