X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lord of the mark
    replied
    Originally posted by Hydro
    Obviously the Big Four: WP, HGP, VW and EG. The other late early and mid game biggies are good too: PTS, HSA

As Dee I take much more interest in Xeno Dome since it allows combined native/conventional attacks/defense. One item that I noticed is that it is much more useful at sea than on land since the seas are large and relatively undeveloped and land is infested by forests and other non-fungus terrain. Moreover, with higher moves of sea units (IoD with four and cruisers with 6 vs 2 for rovers and 1 for infantry) losing 3 movement in fungus is a bigger deal since you have more to lose. One word of warning - once you have Xeno don't expect to capture any more worms.
    ive havent gone for the xeno dome, as ive relied on worms for funds. I guess as it i fill out empty areas with bases and my worm harvest goes down thats time to build xeno.

Leave a comment:

• Hydro
    replied
    I forgot one of the Gaian Sea Triad - neural amplifier. This gives your IoDs a huge edge in naval combat since any attacker has to beat your 'trance' in psi combat! That means they are at a 3:2 disadvantage unless their naval or air unit is Empath equiped (all attacks on sea or air worms are 1:1 - there is no 50% bonus to attack like for land worms). Another nice benefit is that when you pop a pod and a hostile IoD comes out you will almost definately win the defense - otherwise it is 50-50 (assuming you are attacked).

Anther reason to get neural amplifier is to deny it so someone else. Trance plus NA is a death sentance for worms, which decline in value enormously after late early game anyway.

One SP that is almost useless for Gaians or anyone else is Dream Twister. By this time conventional is much more efficient and cost effective. It is kind of nice to have when Green/Cyb to have a killer attack with Locusts, but it typically isn't worth it. If you are pressed there are always more important things to spend resources on than Dream Twister. Plus, this SP comes so late the game is over by this time anyway...

Leave a comment:

• Flubber
    replied
    I agree with Hydro-- most of these Sps are nice with pretty much any faction

Later game, I find I like the Longevity vaccine for deidre more than I do for most factions-- Most of my other factions are in FM but deidre is often in Demo/planned/wealth for a perpetual pop boom and TWO more content citizens is big.

The Cloning Vats and the CBA are much more valuable projects but I think that they are high priority for every faction

Leave a comment:

• Hydro
    replied
    Obviously the Big Four: WP, HGP, VW and EG. The other late early and mid game biggies are good too: PTS, HSA

As Dee I take much more interest in Xeno Dome since it allows combined native/conventional attacks/defense. One item that I noticed is that it is much more useful at sea than on land since the seas are large and relatively undeveloped and land is infested by forests and other non-fungus terrain. Moreover, with higher moves of sea units (IoD with four and cruisers with 6 vs 2 for rovers and 1 for infantry) losing 3 movement in fungus is a bigger deal since you have more to lose. One word of warning - once you have Xeno don't expect to capture any more worms.

Another Gaian SP is MCC. With all those free IoDs floating around, and free passage through fungus for ships with Xeno, you can easilty control the seas when their moves go from 4 to 6 and 6 to 8 (or is it 5 to 7? I don't build many cruisers except as transports)! These two SPs work very well together.

Why control the seas? Simple: Unity Pods. They get scarfed quickly on land, but if you go to sea early and get lots of IoDs harvesting these goodies you will get a good advantage. I also like plopping a few worms from IoDs on undeveloped/unexplored islands and continents to scare up worms and harvest pods (and AAs!). Worms captured far from home have no support cost, and even those who do are support free in fungus. The IoDs are always nearby to take the Artifacts home!

Leave a comment:

• lord of the mark
    started a topic best SP's for Deirdre?

best SP's for Deirdre?

What SP's do you prefer when playing as Deirdre, and why?
Working...
X