Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lazerus
    replied
    so its been downgraded from game killer to game ruiner (not a word i know,tired couldnt think of replacement) ?

Leave a comment:

• Solver
    replied
    Ahh I didn't test it that throughoutly. Nonetheless... many uses remain . By mid-game, it's easy to establish a base that has 40 minerals per turn.... means you can complete anything that costs 40 or less anywhere.

Leave a comment:

• AMD4EVER
    replied
    Originally posted by Solver
    Well, practically, yes, you can complete production at any number of bases if you rush production at one... the most bizzare form would be to have a base rushing scout patrol every turn, and thus getting all your bases completing stuff every turn. This would, of course, provide undisputable victory, but hardly anyone will be that dumb to do that.

And I highly doubt there will be a patch. After all, there's actually a handful of other bugs that would need fixing, and Firaxis are busy with other things now.
    Actually this will not work. You can only use the flaw to rush things that are smaller in mineral cost than the item that is nearly finished. So if you were to use something that was nearly done that is worth 10 minerals, then using this flaw will allow you to cheaply rush everything else up to 10 minerals. So this would in no way finish anything that was larger than 10 minerals in cost.

Leave a comment:

• gwillybj
    replied
    Lazerus so truly said:
    Arguements are fun to watch when you have no idea whats going on

Leave a comment:

• Solver
    replied
    Correct, you can use it in PBEM, SP, AND normal multiplayer games, the latter being, IMO, the most dangerous. IP games are not monitored as closely as PBEMs are, so there the use of this cheat would go unnoticed more likely.

By deleting the original thread I thought the intend is not to let people know about this bug.

Not to know how to execute it, but know how the symptoms - which have been posted.

Leave a comment:

• HongHu
    replied
    My understanding is that you can use it whenever you want, PBEM or SP. Although why would you need to cheat on the poor AIs?

Leave a comment:

• Lazerus
    replied
    Since it hasn't been asked that i can see : This is a pbem ONLY bug right ?

Leave a comment:

• HongHu
    replied
    Well if they believe that this cannot exist, isn't it for the good for everybody? By deleting the original thread I thought the intend is not to let people know about this bug.

Leave a comment:

• Solver
    replied
    And I happened to get a message from a person that states this bug can not exist, as it would have been discovered long ago, that it's complete crap and merely a joke and intimidation campaign. To anyone who doesn't believe, I'll play a PBEM with you using this to show how bad it is, if you do not believe.

Leave a comment:

• Solver
    replied
    Well, practically, yes, you can complete production at any number of bases if you rush production at one... the most bizzare form would be to have a base rushing scout patrol every turn, and thus getting all your bases completing stuff every turn. This would, of course, provide undisputable victory, but hardly anyone will be that dumb to do that.

And I highly doubt there will be a patch. After all, there's actually a handful of other bugs that would need fixing, and Firaxis are busy with other things now.

Leave a comment:

• Lazerus
    replied
    Ouch so 50ec to rush a former or something and everything is done !!
    Think firaxis could bring out a new patch for this ?

Leave a comment:

• Solver
    replied
    Gee, posted the description in a new thread, but I wanted to do it in the official bug and exploit list... none to be found, though.

Leave a comment:

• Solver
    replied
    HongHu, yes, some bugs are disputable. This one is worse - basically, it allows the player to complete extremely expensive things (secret projects, prototypes, whatnot) at a basically non-existient cost, only needing to complete that stuff the normal way at one base.

Leave a comment:

• HongHu
    replied
    Sometimes people in a PBEM decide before hand whether to allow some of the bugs such as stock pile energy bug, and it can be used consistently and do not make the game unplayable. This kind of bugs should be known and rule decided beforehand because if some people are using it and others are not would mean unfair advantage toward some, while if everybody agree to use of not use then the game is still fun to play.

However, the bug you were describing that you could finish multiple big projects all together without real effort would mean that the entire game machanism is destroyed. It is not about whether some are using it and some are not, it is about if it is exploited then the game becomes unplayable.

It is for this reason I tend to agree with the administrators that this flaw is better to be left unknown. I vow to never use it toward my own advantage, since I'm playing for fun, and I would not feel it is fun if I have to cheat to win. If I lose because somebody else uses it, fine, let it be. It is not that if I lose I have to give a million dollars.

There are still newbies in this community. I, for one, just started my first PBEM game, as well as I believe the other two or three people in the game.

Leave a comment:

• Vev
    replied
    Hopefully we can still trust others and not have to use an impartial game moderator who knows everyone's password to monitor and detect cheating.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X