No announcement yet.

Timing of getting the weather paradigm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bunkers? Available with WP, or still require AMA?

Comment

I think you need AMA, IIRC.

I like having drill aquifer the most with this SP. Comes in handy for my forest-heavy terraforming to add some river squares.
      "Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.

Comment

ok so if im playing as Zakharov, with fast research, is WP still a priority??? Shouldnt Virtual world, which makes my ubiquitous network nodes useful for the drones who are a problem for me, be better early wonder (oops, I mean SP)
        "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

As a fellow rookie, the answer is a resounding NO .

Get the WP by any means necessary. If you're playing as Zakharov, you're already fast-tracking to planetary networks because you have the prerequisite tech to start the game with. This should give you the luxury of a little time to address the virtual world a little later.
          "Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.

Comment

Go for the WP *FIRST*, then the Virtual World. You should have crawlers by then, & if you play your cards right, you should be able to snag both while everybody else is trying to just get one of them.
            "Close only counts in horseshoes & Fireball Spells!!!" From "Tangled Webs

Comment

Re: The Documentation is Wrong

Originally posted by gwillybj
              The documentation is correct in that Remove Fungus is not speeded.
              yes, but it is with the Xenoempathy Dome IIRC.

Comment

It is NEVER EVER EVER too soon to get the Weather Paradigm. If I had to pick just one SP to build, this would be the one.

Comment

Since the documentation is omitting some of the bonuses of the Weather Paradigm, I'm curious if there are bonuses hidden in some of the other Secret Projects

I may have missed some...

Ehh, is plant fungus speeded with the Weather Paradigm?

Comment

TKG: Yes, the rate to remove/plant fungus is doubled with The Xenoempathy Dome. This halves the turns required (different from The Weather Paradigm's 50% increase, or 2/3 time).

Rubin: Per the above, no. You still need Ecological Engineering to plant fungus and The Xenoempathy Dome to speed it.

This brings to mind Super Former and Fungicide Tanks. Super Former doubles the rate (half the turns) for everything except fungus removal. Fungicide Tanks double the rate (half the turns) for only fungus removal. This still leaves out the Plant Fungus rate. Does someone know if Super Former doubles that?

BTW, these are all cumulative. WP+XD+Super+Fungicide makes almost every action take only one turn, so, for example, you can have a Former in a rocky fungus square remove the fungus in one turn, grade a road in the second turn, and blast a mine in the third, all of which would take a single unenhanced Former 17 turns !
                    I am on a mission to see how much coffee it takes to actually achieve time travel.

Comment

It's never too early for the WP.
                      My usual build order (playing transcend single player on a huge map) is to found nine bases to stop before the first bureaucracy warning. The build order usually is Former-Scout Patrol-Colony Pod - Rec Tank - Colony Pod (of course only 7 Pods altogether). After that, the first five bases start on SP's, the others some military units (preferably Probes) to hurry SP construction (usually, in blind research, I don't have IA at that point). With that, I try to snatch the first five SP's (WP, ME, HGP, VW, CN). Usually I get at least four of them, and the last one is changed to something else (EG, PTS ...)

IIRC, there is a late-game tech which allows to use fungus as road even if you don't have the Xenoempathy Dome.
                      Why doing it the easy way if it is possible to do it complicated?

Comment

The WP is also a sheer god send for factions with high support like the Hive 1 police unit per base and then 3 formers working 50% faster, you can literally reshape the land with your hands. I'll have that area filled with roads,forests and boreholes spaced as close together as possible within 10 turns please. GREAT FUN
                        Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubin
                          Since the documentation is omitting some of the bonuses of the Weather Paradigm, I'm curious if there are bonuses hidden in some of the other Secret Projects

I may have missed some...

Ehh, is plant fungus speeded with the Weather Paradigm?
                          For one, your units can heal completely in fungus if you have the Xenodome.

Comment

Builders, of which I am one, love the WP and always try to get it as soon as possible. Lots of good advice and info in this thread. Good job everybody.

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoose

All units or just native life?

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoose

Mong,

Are you sure I always thought that was for Pholus Mutagen.
                                "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Working...
                                X