Leave a comment:

• livid imp
    replied
    sorry, double post

Leave a comment:

• livid imp
    replied
    Originally posted by Dissident
    although diesal/electric subs actually can be quieter than american nuclear subs
    Lets just leave it at "nuclear subs". Plenty of other countries have nuclear subs besides the US. I don't want anyone thinking I am beating the American war drum. There is a very sizable amount of the US public (around 40-50% I believe) that doesn't agree with Bush's foriegn policy.

Originally posted by Dissident
    but the [diesel] subs have other limitations that make them impractical for serious naval warfare.
    Very serious limitations. A sub like that wouldn't even make it out of port if in a state of war.

Leave a comment:

• Dis
    replied
    although diesal/electric subs actually can be quieter than american nuclear subs because they don't require reactor coolant pumps and steam turbines the american subs require. We mounted everything on rubber, but they could still be noisy. Compare that to an electric motor that makes almost no noise aside from the screw rotating in the water.

Although, I heard the new boomer sub designs can actually run without running the reactor coolant pumps when at low power!.

but the subs have other limitations that make them impractical for serious naval warfare.

Leave a comment:

• livid imp
    replied
    Originally posted by HongHu
    I rather think that they lack the practising opportunities that the US has so often.
    ....and the diesel subs

I saw an interview by a British documentary crew with a Chinese general that claimed that Americans should fear their WWII diesel subs because they contained a secret weapon.

Riiiiiight

edit: to be fair, that interview is about ten years old by now, but still funny.

Leave a comment:

• Dis
    replied
    If they wanted, they could practice on Taiwan. The just don't have the lack of regard of world opinion the U.S. currently has

Leave a comment:

• HongHu
    replied
    I rather think that they lack the practising opportunities that the US has so often.

Leave a comment:

• livid imp
    replied
    Originally posted by HongHu
    China's military cannot be compared with the US military at all.
    Aww, c'mon, why not? Just cause they are still using WWII diesel subs?

Leave a comment:

• HongHu
    replied
    China's military cannot be compared with the US military at all.

Leave a comment:

• Dis
    replied
    I noticed in the back of the pdf manual for crossfire how they tested the factions by taping the enter key down. I'm still curious how well they Morganites did in their games. My games they don't amount to much. But I guess they figured they were balanced.

In real life I'd say the morganites. Money is power. You don't need the largest military. Look at the U.S. vs. china. Though china is improving their economy. But can they ever rival the U.S.?

Leave a comment:

• Adalbertus
    replied
    Morgan or Yang. Or Yargan.

Leave a comment:

• Skanky Burns
    replied
    Planet.

Leave a comment:

• Maniac
    replied
    The Mighty Xenobanana will win.