Returning....sorta....:-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vel,

At the risk of spamming, I want to second Voodoo's sentiment. One thing at sets Apolyton apart from other forums (existing and defunct) is the sense of fair play and good will that exists here. Our forum moderators have a good hand in this, of course, but there are some folks who are natural leaders, people who have gone out of their way to be friendly and helpful to others. Vel, you are one of these people (there are many others, too - a great forum isn't made by one person), and you probably don't realize how many people you have touched in your efforts. But beyond this, what has made your contributions truly excellent is your insight into SMAC, and the hard work you have poured into dispensing your knowledge to the unwashed masses. I know this wisdom has helped me, and others, immensely. But, as if that wasn't enough, you also have a gift for prose that is outstanding. For those who haven't read Vel's fiction, please do so. And if you are inspired there is much more on his web site.

Well, that was a little thick, but certainly deserved.

So, once again - welcome back.

Hydro

Comment

Vel! Welcome back! I hope you are here to stay... you have been missed in the past months.

Comment

Vel,

From a Cheiftain to a King, it is an honour to welcome you back. I look forward to getting your insight into the nuiances of this great game. Your stratagy guides have improved my game play immensely. I especially like the pause:breathe:metagame discussion.

Again: Welcome back!
        Team 'Poly

Comment

It is nice to see you back, Vel. During the summer a lot of people seemed to leave, including you. Some of them have come back- I think that AC is a game that kinda draws people back because it is so engrossing and interesting. I stopped playing meself for 3-4 months but have just been playing the game recently and going to these forums.

Comment

Hey, great to see you around again!

Comment

Thanks for breaking out the ol welcome wagon, Red...I had no idea just how much I missed this place til I started writing that little post.

-=Vel=-
              The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

Big Hug, Brother. Welcome back

Comment

'Course you'd prolly prefer the hug from Rynn

Comment

::Emotion: Pleasure ::

Comment

::big ol' group hug::

Rynn, Googlie, even those mandibled Progenetors....absolutely! Hugs all 'round! And thank you!

-=Vel=-
                      The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

Yo! Vel!

Test
                        [This message has been edited by jimmytrick (edited May 06, 2001).]

Comment

Wow....I just got back into work this morning and couldn't resist the temptation to head back this way, and when I did, I found a whole HOST of new messages on this thread....with a welcome like that, how could I do any less than stick around for a while? So....I think that pretty much convinced me.

Thank you, everyone, for bringing me back here. I'm almost embarrased to admit it, but I've actually not PLAYED a game of SMAC/X since about a month before my little incident, but my memory is still sharp, and I can at least hold my own in conversation....and of course, now that I'm back here some form or another, I guess I'll have to break out the game once in a while....you know, purely in the name of research and all that....

-=Vel=-

Comment

Just a little more spam, if you please.

I, too, would like to welcome back Vel and also to thank him for his contributions to this forum, in the way of the guide and helpful posts.

I also want to thank all the other experienced players
                            who take their time out to help others. If I started naming names, it would sound like an acceptance speech at an awards show! I do want to mention Mark, though, and thank him for him responses to virtually every thread, no matter how intelligent or not the subject is.

I learn something every time I come here. Thanks All.

Comment

Zonk, wow, thanks - although I am just thankful for everyone else's input when I came here a couple of months ago. Ultimately, of course, all this leads right back to....you've guessed it....Vel's strat guide, which has provided me with countless tips in both SP and MP gaming alike. All the information I have been given, and the small amount I have absorbed , has been passed down through the various generations of SMACers, and I am only thankful to be able to carry that on....
                              [This message has been edited by mark13 (edited December 01, 2000).]
                              We're back!
                              http://www.civgaming.net/forums

Comment

Working...
                              X