X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Googlie
    replied
    Some more moves as they happen:
    • Elite probe team continues to Mendelev college, and takes up residence there
    • Iaci Base founded – scout rehomed there (didn’t rehome the Hermes, as we’ll want to produce a unit there)
    • Hermes sets off to pick up the probe at 2NS
    • Was able to move FB’s missile rover into SC1, rehome, then visit monolith for upgrade to Elite
    • SC2’s GH hoplite moved to SC1 and rehomed there, SC1’s hoplite moved to SC2
    • R-112 hops on shore for a recce, then reboards Pegasus
    • Pegasus moves out of that bay to round the peninsula
    • Unity Rover visits the river delta to open up a bit more map
    • Invincible enters UN Great Refuge for R & R
    • Disco Volante pauses by a Unity seed pod – pop it? (4 mps left)

Plus, below, a picture of the little extra exploring we did in Gaialand
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Googlie
    replied
    Turn is open, and here is a blow-by blow account of moves:
    • Heimdall moved to NE of fellowship City and dropped off longstrider, who toddled to Unity lair and extracted Field Modulation
    • Longstrider got promoted to Commando, and returned to Minas Tirith
    • His mate sets out for 2NS, but gets stalled on the mine
    • bit the bullet and moved the AA to Rio Grande for a cash-in

• Doc Air

I'll post this now before continuing with the turn

(Actually, I'll save the turn in midturn as we'll need some decisions about aircraft builds, etc)

Leave a comment:

• Snoddasmannen
    replied
    Originally posted by sentry33

I liked the 'Base 8038' term and how it was created - perhaps we stick to it?
    It just seems like it could be too revealing ... Though perhaps a bit far-fetched, other factions could figure the name out. How about encoding 8038 into letters, mapped to the alphabet with A=0. We'd end up with "Iaci", Iaci Base sounds like cool name to me

I am still in favour of cashing the AA.

I approve of the probe-swap.

As for switching production in case of a completion pod, I'd say maybe a monster missile cruiser and a monster missile amph rover respectively.

Leave a comment:

• Modo44
    replied
    I am still against cashing in the AA.

The rest looks good.

I would leave something aboard the Pegasus. No point risking a hostile probe action.

Leave a comment:

• sentry33
    replied
    Do we cash in that AA now, or wait?
    I am in favour of cashing it now, all arguments been said already

do we proceed with my suggested probeswap (in the screenie above)?

What do we name the new Nexus base? (The Colony? - a Hive name but with good meaning for us)
    I liked the 'Base 8038' term and how it was created - perhaps we stick to it?

Leave a comment:

• Googlie
    replied
    Some yet-to-be-resolved issues before commencing the (imminent) turnplay):
    • Do we cash in that AA now, or wait?
    • What do we change production to in V V (and OA) prior to bumping that unity pod with the 2NS supercrawler
    • do we proceed with my suggested probeswap (in the screenie above)?
    • What do we name the new Nexus base? (The Colony? - a Hive name but with good meaning for us)
    • Regular builds for OA and V V (assuming we don't get a favorable pop with the crawler) - missile rover for OA and another coastal cruiser - or Mercury - for V V?

Originally posted by Maniac
    Btw, what are the plans for the Pegasus and Heimdall? Which one was supposed to continue exploring, and which one to return back home with a unit?
    I was proposing to put all 3 units on the Heimdall - to return to our homeland - that Ogre will be great for double police duty in one of our size3 bases. And then continue exploring with the Pegasus (but maybe - to avoid mindcontrol - we should leave that Unity Rover on board the Peg)

Leave a comment:

• Googlie
    replied
    delay in getting the 2161 turn - this received from Mead a couple of hours ago:

PM from Mead to Googlie & Kass

When I opened the turn this afternoon to do it I got the notice that I would get a reload warning if I proceeded.

I looked at the turn earlier and thought I saved it.

Apparently I did not save it correctly.

I have asked others in my team to play and post the turn.

Although this is the first time I have received the 'reload warning' I do not want to get the reputation as one who plays from reloads.

I asked Drouge to grant an extension to my team, if necessary, for someone else to play the turn.

Mead

PS
    This may not be a good thing for the Spartans as I suspect that most of the other players on my team are more competent than myself.

Leave a comment:

• Googlie
    replied
    After stealing Field Mod, our longstrider will be returned to Minas Tirith. We can move its current probe defender to 2NS, and send the Hermes to 2NS to pick up its current defender to sail it to the new base. We'll be 1 turn later in getting one in place, but a whole bunch of credits better off

2161:

1a= MT longstrider enroute to 2NS

1b= Hermes en route to 2NS

2162:

2a= MT longstrider outside 2NS

2b= 2NS Crypteia boards Hermes

2c= Hermes en-route to new base

2163:

3a= Longstrider enters 2NS

3b= Hermes reaches coast

3c: Crypteia disembarks

2164:

4=Crypteia enters base
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Googlie
    replied

Originally posted by Googlie

Base 8038 (the co-ordinates of the Nexus site): We'll need a Crypteia there asap, so I suggest we start one immediately.
    Reply by Modo44
    And rush it, right?
    Actually, we have a better option.

After stealing Field Mod, our longstrider will be returned to Minas Tirith. We can move its current probe defender to 2NS, and send the Hermes to 2NS to pick up its current defender to sail it to the new base. We'll be 1 turn later in getting one in place, but a whole bunch of credits better off

And we can use the free ten minerals towards getting a coastalcruiser built for pod-popping

Leave a comment:

• Snoddasmannen
    replied

What do you propose we'd send them? "Hey, we've got a rover here popping some of the unity pods on your territory. We hope you don't mind!"

Well it sounds so bad if you put it that way Maybe we should just keep our mouths shut.

Actually I'm amazed they haven't brought it up. Either they haven't discovered the pods are gone (and I wouldn't be surprised, what with their inactivity), or they are just keeping their mouth shut waiting to backstab us later.

At any rate, I wouldn't be happy to find a transport with an amphibious gatling rover and a battle ogre off my shore

Leave a comment:

• Modo44
    replied
    Base 8038 (the co-ordinates of the Nexus site): We�ll need a Crypteia there asap, so I suggest we start one immediately.
    And rush it, right?

And at some point we need a couple of formers over in Arcadia North � 2 or 3 tiles around Ironholm need farms put on them to support the population in that crowded corner (and maybe even a condenser somewhere for maximum effect)
    As soon as Fort Superiority or Arcadia University is out of crucial builds, I guess. If the difference would be one turn, then perhaps a Former with wheels?

Leave a comment:

• Googlie
    replied
    Suggestion: How about upgrading the FB missile rover at the monolith between SC1 and OA instead of the one north of SC2. That way we won't have to use a MP next year getting back on our road network. As Googlie said before, having roads on our other monoliths would be useful.
    Looking at the save, I think that rover is on a "go to" command. While normally I wouldn't, navigating that crater rim (Fort Buster - Cratersouth - Citadel) always leaves me with the feeling that I;ll slip off the road and bog down, so I use the mouse and green line to map out the course - and I must have put it to the monolith instead of just to Citadel

I'm not sure if the orders are effected upon opening the turn, or if I can cancel them before the unit moves automatically (and even if cancelling will just show "already moved" in red!!)

So, in short, we may be stymied there. Time will tell

Leave a comment:

• Googlie
    replied
    Build Orders for 2161:

Going down the list of bases that will complete their build this turn we have 3 that’ll need new orders:

Fort Superiority: will complete a crawler, needed to ferry nuts to feed the population (it can work the farm on 80:16 if we move Ironholm’s worker there to the 2/0/1 tile on 79:13, or else it can carry nuts from Fort Liberty’s monolith if we reassign the worker there to the forested river tile on 2:20.) We’re still running short of food at Fort Soup, so either another colony pod or another crawler is needed

Olympus Academy: will complete a crawler that will be sent to work the mine to its northeast. That’ll give the base 18 minerals’ output, so we can rebuild our supply of Missile Rovers there, or else just keep churning out a crawler every 2 turns

Rio Grande: also a crawler, to be sent to Gythium Harbour to join its mate in speeding a missile cruiser via the plasma-prototyping-then-retiring route (the Maniac Maneuver)

Base 8038 (the co-ordinates of the Nexus site): We’ll need a Crypteia there asap, so I suggest we start one immediately. It’ll take 20 mins, and with the worker on a forest tile the base will produce 3 minerals, so it will still be faster building there than elsewhere and shipping one over (2Nuts being the logical place, but it needs its hoplite to free up the Amphimissile speeder there.)

Do we want to home the Hermes to Nexus (it’ll just use up 1 mineral for the rehomed scout going there) – the Hermes is currently homed to V V, and that would boost its minerals from 5 to 6

And talking of Vladivostok, if we plan to pop that pod in the fungus due south of it, we should change from a crawler to a supercrawler, or missile cruiser (or maybe another Disco Volante to take advantage of a materials pop if we are lucky again – and for OA, perhaps an amphimissile synthrover be put in the build in case the game interprets OA as being the nearest base)

And at some point we need a couple of formers over in Arcadia North – 2 or 3 tiles around Ironholm need farms put on them to support the population in that crowded corner (and maybe even a condenser somewhere for maximum effect)

Leave a comment:

• Maniac
    replied
    Originally posted by Snoddasmannen
    I'd be real nervous about the Gaians finding some of these units mind you, they could get the wrong idea entirely. We might want to send them a message about it.
    What do you propose we'd send them? "Hey, we've got a rover here popping some of the unity pods on your territory. We hope you don't mind!"

Leave a comment:

• Maniac
    replied
    We might not want to give it a name with Manifold in it, as that will tip off any snoopers who infiltrate us. It could be good to keep this base a relative secret, since it is a hot strategic target, and relatively isolated and exposed.
    If they've infiltrated us, they'll the Nexus anyway in our base radius. Nevertheless, something more creative than 'Manifold' in the base name would be nice.

• Re: Pegasus and the R-112:

Well, we also have that popped Unity Rover for exploring purposes - our predicament is that we have 3 units (R-112, the Ogre and the Rover) with the Pegasus only having a carrying capacity of 2. And dare we risk the R-112 stumbling on to a Gaian probe and them seizing one of those "opportunistic moments" and mind controlling it away?
    R-112 wouldn't be exposed to Gaian probes. I'm just suggesting hopping off and on the transport to explore the few surrounding tiles. You know, the same way we did when we had that trannie en route to University Base to infiltrate. The alternative is simply letting R-112 waste its turn on the Pegasus.

Btw, what are the plans for the Pegasus and Heimdall? Which one was supposed to continue exploring, and which one to return back home with a unit?

Originally posted by vishniac
    Concerning research:
    We are currently researching IntInt.
    Shouldn't we change? After all, Zak is also on it and, as submissive Pact brother, should give it to us freely (or without much persuasion).
    Once we get it, we can simply change to another research project, no? Besides, switching would cost us half our accumulated research.

I agree with Googlie here. The Morgans will want the CDF too. Let's hope we can beat them too it. It's either that, or we get needlejets
    Or (after extracting Field Modulation), Centauri Empathy, Advanced Subatomic Theory, Adaptive Doctrine, or Neural Grafting.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X