No announcement yet.

Sparta-Angels relations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to make of it? ....................
    Simple: if there's nothing in the diplo box when we open the turn, we consider ourselves in vendetta with both and start planning for it. I sense the Council of War will be tough!
    Geeez, they don't reply diplo and don't post on RP threads...Perhaps they're waiting for us to finish that game by crushing them, so bored they are...

Will be interesting to see if the Angels and Gaians have pacted!
    From hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee. Ye damned whale!

Comment

• Originally posted by Googlie
      What to make of it? ....................
      Not "What to make of it? but "Which one goes first?", perhaps...
      Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zeiter
        Low activity levels? Or maybe the others are already so resolved as to their course of action against us (vendetta) that they aren't even bothering to negotiate with us.
        If they are resolved to carry on a war with us they should still conduct some fake diplomacy, as we did with the Morgans. Always give your enemy as little information as possible. However, I would put this down a combination of low activity and bloodthirst on the others behalf. We could be in for war gentlemen!

Comment

• And if they were so serious and so resolved, they would share tech between them...instead of letting Morgan researching Intellectual Integrity that we've already got for almost 20 years!
          From hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee. Ye damned whale!

Comment

• Googlie, nothing against trying to play nice, really. But I think we should stop fooling ourselves. They will not talk. Period.

Here is what I suggest: We can send dummy messages like this for better roleplay, no problem (and a good read ). But we need to regard all three human factions as enemies from now on. All-out war and all that.

Comment

• Interesting that the Angels haven't commented on our snagging the Ascetic Virtues

Comment

• Originally posted by Googlie
                Interesting that the Angels haven't commented on our snagging the Ascetic Virtues
                Here's my latest theory: the angels (and possibly the others) are already in a state of vendetta with us for all practical reasons, and they are only using our treaties for increased income. Thus, I would treat this situation as nothing less than vendetta and not count out the possibility of them breaking the treaty at a moment's notice.
                Civ IV is digital crack. If you are a college student in the middle of the semester, don't touch it with a 10-foot pole. I'm serious.

Comment

• How about offering the Angels Doc: Init in exchange for MMI (plus another tech if they feel that;s an uneven trade)

or else, maybe we sail a cruiser to Mart Pact and turn over control, and they drop a unit at Fort Sol (one of their drop probes, maybe) and turn over control to us (that way they're not giving us choppers, just drop capability in exchange for cruiser chassis)

(We can sail the SCC Njord to Mart Pact and turn over control this turn, if they'll send a drop probe and do the same in 2186 when it's their turn)

Comment

• How about:

Dear Data Angels:

We are now ready to turn our attention to the Hive - we are in vendetta with them as of this year - and are wondering if you would be willing to consider the following trade:

Doc: Initiative for MMI

Both the attendant SP's have been completed, and thus trhe techs become valuable for their ancillary benefits (cruiser chassis, Naval Yards and amphibious pods, in exchange for Copter chassis, drop pods and Thinker talents.

An alternative would be that we could sail a cruiser to the bay at Mart Pact and turn over control to you in exchange for your dropping one of your 2 Mart Pact drop probe teams in Fort Sol's suburbs and turning over control to us. That way we could both retro-engineer other units without the techs changing hands, if giving us the Chopper chassis is of concern to you (it is the drop capability that we covet, for speedy prosecution of the war against the Hive)
                    (this also has the advantage that they'll think we have them infiltrated!!)

Comment

• No harm trying. My bet is they will not answer this one, as happened with our previous efforts.

Originally posted by Googlie
                      (this also has the advantage that they'll think we have them infiltrated!!)
                      How so?

Comment

• that we know they have 2 drop probe teams in Mart Pact

Comment

• Posted in the Embassy, and PM'd to mart

If they agree (to a tech swap) then just send doc; init preaccepted.

if they hold back on techs but are willing to swap units, then sail the Njord to the shore by Mart Pact, and hit ctl/shift/u and it'll prompt for a handover to the Angels

Comment

Working...
                          X